Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to Paintball, Need some advice!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
ah okay thank you! Im assuming that when you buy a mask that, when you decide to replace the goggles you buy the same brand?
Replacing the goggle lens you do need the correct lens for the model of goggles

But if you’re buying a complete new set then just pick what you like at the time.

I originally had some basic goggles, and tried the JT Headshield. I didn’t get on with the headshield and felt claustrophobic so only wore them if I wanted to mount an action camera on top.
I settled on the Dye i3, but I have a big head so when the I4s came out they were no good for me.
My next favourite is the Angel eyes but they are a unique design and has not been able to come to market, a couple of brands have unsuccessfully attempted to do so. The prototypes fit me perfectly

I settled on Grills and have a few sets.
Ive tried quite a few and the grills are right for me

Also I watched a video of Lonewolf paintball where they said in some cases you will need a chin strap to play, do all goggles come with a chin strap or does it vary?
Pretty much all goggles come with chin straps, but for many years players left them in the box.
A few years back there was a major safety incident at a tournament which would have been prevented with goggles worn correctly with the chin strap
The rule requiring goggles to have the strap fitted was enforced for a while.

If they aren’t included with a set of goggles they can be bought separately

On a bit of a tangent would you recommd getting a squighy for you marker?
Id recommend a fluffy

Squidgy rubber pull throughs give a great barrel clean, but need you to take the barrel off

This style of fluffy is the best of both worlds without needing to take off your barrel in game. Fluffy end pushed in and out for a quick buff clean, or if you have a messy barrel break then pop the rubber end in and out, the rubber tip expands on pulling out to pull out broken paint

288B31B0-67B2-4774-B005-67F5FCC62F01.jpeg

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
Replacing the goggle lens you do need the correct lens for the model of goggles

But if you’re buying a complete new set then just pick what you like at the time.

I originally had some basic goggles, and tried the JT Headshield. I didn’t get on with the headshield and felt claustrophobic so only wore them if I wanted to mount an action camera on top.
I settled on the Dye i3, but I have a big head so when the I4s came out they were no good for me.
My next favourite is the Angel eyes but they are a unique design and has not been able to come to market, a couple of brands have unsuccessfully attempted to do so. The prototypes fit me perfectly

I settled on Grills and have a few sets.
Ive tried quite a few and the grills are right for me

Pretty much all goggles come with chin straps, but for many years players left them in the box.
A few years back there was a major safety incident at a tournament which would have been prevented with goggles worn correctly with the chin strap
The rule requiring goggles to have the strap fitted was enforced for a while.

If they aren’t included with a set of goggles they can be bought separately

Id recommend a fluffy

Squidgy rubber pull throughs give a great barrel clean, but need you to take the barrel off

This style of fluffy is the best of both worlds without needing to take off your barrel in game. Fluffy end pushed in and out for a quick buff clean, or if you have a messy barrel break then pop the rubber end in and out, the rubber tip expands on pulling out to pull out broken paint

View attachment 69381
Okay thank you, its good to know about the chin strap. The goggles lens makes sense with having the correct model of goggles aswell. Thats unfortunate about the angel eyes.
Ill definitely a fluffly one makes sense to have two in one really! Are they fairly inexpensive?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Okay thank you, its good to know about the chin strap. The goggles lens makes sense with having the correct model of goggles aswell. Thats unfortunate about the angel eyes.
Ill definitely a fluffly one makes sense to have two in one really! Are they fairly inexpensive?
A plain fluffy will probably be about £5 to £10 and the exalt in my picture under £15

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
Like Tom has said I take a load of mircrofibers or tea towels with me to wipe down and clean markers or hits of yourself. However I'm not a fan of when in the pit cleaning a lense with a microfiber and instead prefer kitchen towel.
I'll buy some value rolls throw two in the bag and then can wipe clean and then get a lovely clean buff finish between each game and throw it away with no dirt caught in it.

Reactions: Alexxxx and Tom

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Like Tom has said I take a load of mircrofibers or tea towels with me to wipe down and clean markers or hits of yourself. However I'm not a fan of when in the pit cleaning a lense with a microfiber and instead prefer kitchen towel.
I'll buy some value rolls throw two in the bag and then can wipe clean and then get a lovely clean buff finish between each game and throw it away with no dirt caught in it.
That's interesting. I like the idea you just bin the paper and so you're always cleaning with a fresh clean bit rather than a microfibre that might already have bits of dirt from earlier. You don't find the paper flakes off especially if it's damp? I would have thought it might leave little papery hairs?

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
That's interesting. I like the idea you just bin the paper and so you're always cleaning with a fresh clean bit rather than a microfibre that might already have bits of dirt from earlier. You don't find the paper flakes off especially if it's damp? I would have thought it might leave little papery hairs?
I've always done this and never had that issue with kitchen roll, I normally use something like Tesco own brand. Thankfully kitchen roll fibers are better than toilet roll so don't tend to leave hairs.
Keep the rolls in my kit bag and just get out each time it's needed if it's excessively raining, otherwise just stored on the table I'm using in the paintbox or something.
But quick wipe over to take the excessive off paint/rain off and another couple of bits to buff clean.
I've found if I've had an excessively bad day and been hit in the face a lot then I find as the day goes on using a microfiber I would sometimes still get a bit of a haze which I hate.

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
I've always done this and never had that issue with kitchen roll, I normally use something like Tesco own brand. Thankfully kitchen roll fibers are better than toilet roll so don't tend to leave hairs.
Keep the rolls in my kit bag and just get out each time it's needed if it's excessively raining, otherwise just stored on the table I'm using in the paintbox or something.
But quick wipe over to take the excessive off paint/rain off and another couple of bits to buff clean.
I've found if I've had an excessively bad day and been hit in the face a lot then I find as the day goes on using a microfiber I would sometimes still get a bit of a haze which I hate.
Right then, that's a couple of extra rolls being added to this week's shopping list. Cheers Dodo!

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
A plain fluffy will probably be about £5 to £10 and the exalt in my picture under £15
That’s not too bad! Thank you
thats a really good idea, I’ll be sure to do that as well
This was very helpful thank you!

Reactions: The Dead Dodo

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
No worries glad I can help you both! :)
The kitchen roll is also helpful for cleaning and wiping your marker at the end of the day at home removing paint and debris along with some cotton bud for getting in recesses under eye covers etc

Reactions: Alexxxx

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
No worries glad I can help you both! :)
The kitchen roll is also helpful for cleaning and wiping your marker at the end of the day at home removing paint and debris along with some cotton bud for getting in recesses under eye covers etc
Thanks for the tips this has helped alot!

Another question, do you buy all your second hand gear from this fourm?