Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to Paintball, Need some advice!

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
Thanks for the tips this has helped alot!

Another question, do you buy all your second hand gear from this fourm?
I would prefer to get everything from the forum. A few years ago it was the best place to do so and easiest to find what you want.
Unfortunately now it's split between here and multiple Facebook groups. Which makes it harder to find what you want without posting a question asking for it.

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
I would prefer to get everything from the forum. A few years ago it was the best place to do so and easiest to find what you want.
Unfortunately now it's split between here and multiple Facebook groups. Which makes it harder to find what you want without posting a question asking for it.
Okay thank you! I was just wondering if there were like websites or something. I’ll just do my rental day then take it from there if I really enjoy the sport. You’ve helped a lot so thank you

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Thanks for the tips this has helped alot!

Another question, do you buy all your second hand gear from this fourm?
Facebook has a good 7 or 8 UK based sales groups. Some are busier than others but really useful.

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
Okay thank you! I was just wondering if there were like websites or something. I’ll just do my rental day then take it from there if I really enjoy the sport. You’ve helped a lot so thank you
No not really any second hand sites. Sometimes stuff appears on pre loved/ gum tree and eBay. But majority is Facebook :)
No worries at all enjoy playing!

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
Facebook has a good 7 or 8 UK based sales groups. Some are busier than others but really useful.
Okay thanks, when I look into buying gear I’ll check the fourm and Facebook!
No not really any second hand sites. Sometimes stuff appears on pre loved/ gum tree and eBay. But majority is Facebook :)
No worries at all enjoy playing!
yeah I’ll definitely look into Facebook second hand stuff, thank you!

Reactions: The Dead Dodo

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
Bit of an update:
Went on my first walkon at mayhem paintball and enjoyed it alot, so thank you every for your advice on looking at local fields!
I have been looking into 2nd hand paintball equipment like you suggested and came across a Dye Dm12 marker but i found out it is an old model of marker and was wondering would this be a good starter marker and be alright?

crillz

Aug 13, 2007
London
Bit of an update:
Went on my first walkon at mayhem paintball and enjoyed it alot, so thank you every for your advice on looking at local fields!
I have been looking into 2nd hand paintball equipment like you suggested and came across a Dye Dm12 marker but i found out it is an old model of marker and was wondering would this be a good starter marker and be alright?
I was at Mayhem too (first time at the place) - I'm using a DM9 and you should be perfectly fine with a DM12. Really depends how you like the feel/ look of the DM. How much maintenance you want to do on a marker (I usually clean/lube my DM after every playthrough - you can get away if you have another game you next day .. markers like PE needs less). As long as you can change the makers settings to match the tournaments BPS and FPS then your good. Its still petty easy to find parts to fix/ repair a DM12.

Hope that helps.

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
I was at Mayhem too (first time at the place) - I'm using a DM9 and you should be perfectly fine with a DM12. Really depends how you like the feel/ look of the DM. How much maintenance you want to do on a marker (I usually clean/lube my DM after every playthrough - you can get away if you have another game you next day .. markers like PE needs less). As long as you can change the makers settings to match the tournaments BPS and FPS then your good. Its still petty easy to find parts to fix/ repair a DM12.

Hope that helps.
Thank you this helped a lot, hope you had a good time at mayhem! It was my first time there aswell.
Does it take much time to do the maintence? and this would be the first marker i would own and i would have no idea how to maintain it. Is it just as simple as using an allen key and cleaning it?

Reactions: crillz

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thank you this helped a lot, hope you had a good time at mayhem! It was my first time there aswell.
Does it take much time to do the maintence? and this would be the first marker i would own and i would have no idea how to maintain it. Is it just as simple as using an allen key and cleaning it?
In general keep batteries fresh, if you are relying on it (such as in a tournament) then it’s worth using a new battery. If not then disconnect the battery at the end of the day and have some spares

Keep it clean, run a fluffy through the barrel
Check bolt o-rings,clean and relube
You should not need to go into the regulator on a routine basis

Have a scan of these:

Alexxxx

Mar 11, 2021
In general keep batteries fresh, if you are relying on it (such as in a tournament) then it’s worth using a new battery. If not then disconnect the battery at the end of the day and have some spares

Keep it clean, run a fluffy through the barrel
Check bolt o-rings,clean and relube
You should not need to go into the regulator on a routine basis

Have a scan of these:

Okay thank you! Seems pretty straight foward. And when you say batteries do you mean like normal like double A's or something?