Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to paintballing

AskJeevs

Oct 8, 2021
Rugby
Hi there guys,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to paintball, I've been searching up abit about the process to really get into paintballing but can't really figure it out.

I've only played paintball a few times and want to join a team (which seems really difficult) , or atleast go play more regularly with a regular group

I live in Coventry, and still need to buy gear. I realise this might sound all abit silly, but if anyone could help me out and advise me, even let me know your own journey from when you was a new would be appreciated.

Thank you guys

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Hi there guys,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to paintball, I've been searching up abit about the process to really get into paintballing but can't really figure it out.

I've only played paintball a few times and want to join a team (which seems really difficult) , or atleast go play more regularly with a regular group

I live in Coventry, and still need to buy gear. I realise this might sound all abit silly, but if anyone could help me out and advise me, even let me know your own journey from when you was a new would be appreciated.

Thank you guys
First up - look at local own gunner sites. You will meet people at the places you intend to play regularly.

Dont get hung up on joining a team - get to know people and then see what team meets your needs.

Kit - Goggles first - you can have the most expensive gun but if you cant see you wont do anything.

Reactions: Cube

AskJeevs

Oct 8, 2021
Rugby
First up - look at local own gunner sites. You will meet people at the places you intend to play regularly.

Dont get hung up on joining a team - get to know people and then see what team meets your needs.

Kit - Goggles first - you can have the most expensive gun but if you cant see you wont do anything.
Thanks alot for the advice mate,

I appreciate the response, I'll look into this for sure.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington

What James said, also don't be afraid to ask, folks here are mostly friendly and will give you the best advice they can

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Hi there guys,

Thank you guys
Hey Jeevs,

Welcome to the best hobby / sport you could have found! I've been playing 6 months now and absolutely love it. I've met some great people and made some good friends in short time, one of which being James ECI above.

I too thought you had to commit to a team etc to get into but really you don't. Find sites that host "walk on" days where you pay a lot less than rental days and you'll be able to meet people and get advice etc. Have a look at the Facebook pages starting with UK Paintball and go from there.

Also worth going through all the newbie group topics on here. They may be old but they're also gold!

From Coventry, sites I know of relatively near with walk ons would be;

PPK - Kidderminster
Conflict - Northampton
Warped - Wolverhampton

Keep asking questions, get involved, put yourself out there and the paintball community you'll find is one of the most helpful, welcoming and friendly there is.

Last edited:

Pokitren

May 10, 2022
Sydney

Super cool advice about the team! The team is not as important as the people on the team.