Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to the forum - Quick question...

Ashleigh Lewis

Jan 16, 2017
Cornwall
Hi,

New to the forum so looks like i can only post in this section for now.
Recently purchased a stack of second hand markers, helmets, etc.

Got a quick question relating to two of the markers that i can not get working.
They are SMK PBM's?

Looks like they are really old guns, and not the best judging by some peoples responses on the forum, however does anyone know where i can find parts/ own any that they want to sell of cheap at all please?

Thanks in advance,
Ash

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's one of the standard basic Spyder clones
Some clones did have slight tweaks inside, but most are interchangeable inside

There isn't much that can go wrong and you ought to be able to get away with oil and fresh o rings (perhaps they will be happy with some oil)

Ideally a paintball oil, wd40 etc will work in theory but eat the o-rings

Off the top of my head, a lot of the o rings will be the same size as the one on the top of an air cylinder
Get a big pack of tank o rings on eBay etc, (they may not be as hard wearing as some originals, but cheap to replace) or possibly a random set in a hardware shop (but there will be a lot of sizes you don't need and they could be the wrong grade)
then for any other sizes download and print an oring size chart to measure the originals
You can spend money on specific sets importing from oring monkey etc or use a British general purpose oring supplier

Have fun

Reactions: Bolter

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi,

New to the forum so looks like i can only post in this section for now.
Recently purchased a stack of second hand markers, helmets, etc.

Got a quick question relating to two of the markers that i can not get working.
They are SMK PBM's?

Looks like they are really old guns, and not the best judging by some peoples responses on the forum, however does anyone know where i can find parts/ own any that they want to sell of cheap at all please?

Thanks in advance,
Ash
Apologies, there is one hurdle to get over before you can post in the classifieds, its 20 posts and a 2 week wait. We were once plagued by scammers, well, a couple, and we put it to all members and this is the result.

But, feel free to chat to us, maybe we can boost the post count. Do you play paintball?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The SMK PBM is more likely to be sold in an Air Soft Shop, or a gadget shop. I doubt resale they are worth any more than £10-£30 working. Postage wouldnt cover it. Are they metal? Any scrap worth?

Last edited:

Ashleigh Lewis

Jan 16, 2017
Cornwall
Thanks for both of your replies.
Tried putting different o-rings on. What i might do is post a video up to Youtube and stick the link into this post to see what you guys think might be the cause/ solution.

Also, do you guys know/ can recommend anywhere for me to send some of the guns off to get serviced please?
As part of the purchase i have inherited a Tippmann A5 that needs some TLC...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Also, do you guys know/ can recommend anywhere for me to send some of the guns off to get serviced please?
As part of the purchase i have inherited a Tippmann A5 that needs some TLC...
For the A5, BZ paintball provide Tipmann tech support in the U.K. (And attend a few events around the U.K. With the tech tent)
But the a5 is also quite a reliable brick, so unless it has been given abuse it should be possible to sort with some troubleshooting and watching videos

http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/
http://world.tippmann.com/k/techvideosa5/Tech+Videos.A-5+Videos

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I've taken a few images of the A5. I cant seem to find anything that resembles it online, as in parts.
Give BZ a call, tell them you were talking on p8nt and ask them what they can do to get it serviced, or parts you may need. Shops dont always list all their services on their website, and its often worth a call.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'm going to guess that due to the angle of the air fitting coming out og the magazine and the bare end of the hose, that this was once an 'air thru stock' modification.
The hose would either go along the body, into or along the side of the stock.
The benefit of this is that a remote line can be used without the hose hangout out all of the way to get tangled in bushes.
(A small bottle such as a 13ci can be combined into a stock, without a remote line coming away to your body, but won't give many shots on an A5)
To use that existing line you need an ASA to connect an air cylinder, and a fitting on the end of the hose to sit between.
An ASA with a push fitting connector should fit directly to the hose. (It may be wise to cut the end of the hose depending on condition to ensure a clean connection)

a5j.jpg

Within your magazine are fittings that run up into the A5
If the fitting that faces 45 degrees towards the trigger rotates then you could cutaway the hose around it and you have a nipple connection ready for a standard remote line
I guess from the look of it that it does not rotate and is loctited in place to face up and direct a hos towards the stock. It could be heated to loosen the loctite, then removed, cleaned (or replaced) and refitted to face downwards to a remote line

Or take apart the magazine to see what fittings are in there and decide if you want it reverted to standard A5 style with an ASA attached to the grip