Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to the sport.

Woods

Jul 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi All,

I have just started playing and have been borrowing a gun, tank and hopper from a site I have been playing at, but I cannot expect them to lend me stuff all the time so I am looking to get my own.

I don't want to remortgage my house to get a brand new Dye but am looking for tips on the sort of thing I should go for.

I am relatively big and strong so I don't know if I would bother going to a expensive light air system to start with, or would a metal one be good for me?

Also Rotor wise I get the Dye rotors a popular but starting out I am not gonna be playing any tournaments so would i be able to get by with something a little less expensive like a Valken or something like that ?

Clothing wise I have got some bargains hear and there and got a few bits Golf cleets and decent knee elbow pads etc, and I got a i4 Dye mask as spending a bit of money on being able to see is gonna be important.

Mr. Animal

Growl Bark Bite
Oct 26, 2011
EA
Hi thats a good start.
mask is always key. and I4s have been and are still popular choice.
Looking on here for a bargain hopper wise may be your best bet.
as for the rest i think it really depends on what kind of thing your into. weather its to get into tournament stuff at any level or more woodsball stuff.

and i wouldn't be too shy asking to try other peoples stuff. they really wont mind on the whole. and you get to know what you want to get.

good luck

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Toms quick guide to hoppers:

Basic gravity - don't bother unless it's free with the gun
'Shelf assist' gravity - if you're going to use just a mechanical

Basic electric agitated (probably not around these days except for old school second hand) - don't really bother with this

Electric force fed (rather than just agitate, it feeds the balls ready) - any force feed will keep up with any gun in a uk legal modes rof
(Halo too etc is a bargain, new or second hand)

Premium electric force feed (rotor, spire etc). Gives you force feed, easy instant dismantle and reassemble. The original rotor series held its second hand value for years, you could get a good price now as the rotor 2 exists

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
You do not need to buy the most expensive gun on the market at all. In an organised game situation, ALL guns are regulated to do the same thing, and thats fire at 10bps (or whatever the site rules are)

The expensive guns (in my opinion) have a fancy colour scheme, are lighter and have a million more settings to set (read: a million more ways to screw it up)

Get yourself an etha or an etek or an Axe Pro or even a Mini GS. Something like that mate. Even better, pick one up second hand on here or one of the facebook pages.

DNewman

Sep 22, 2016
I4's are such a popular choice and I have one myself! I'd definitely recommend them! :)