Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new tourney player

BigRed1883

Jan 21, 2002
New York
Visit site
While im not really a newbie (been playing woods ball fer 2 yrs) I am brand new to the tourney world. Me and 4 of my friends decided to hit up some local tournaments this summer, but are clueless on how to get going. We are planning on going to a pay field and practicing a little speedball. Does anyone have any tips/tactics for us, so we dont get pummeled our first attempt at a tourney. :) I figure we can try out speedball and then split up and practice 3 on 3 (if we get another player) in the woods(there is a nice speedball type set up in our local woods). Is there anything we should know?? Thanks alot

Justin

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
Its most likely that you will get a good pasting at your first tourny
believe it or not this will help your team the most as you will learn from this.
if you set you back line right and get you back players sorted then it should stand you in good faith as they are the base of your team.
also look how other teams especially those who are pro-am and see how they play.

hope this helps
good luck

steven rdx

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Get org

If u never played tourneys, 1st thing u notice is the pace of proceedings (I did).

Each player has to be well organized, and overall the team: Refill Co2/air and your paint the moment u finish a game. Check out 4 paint marks, u don’t want 2 line up 4 the brk of a game already dead. Dont waste your down time in the players area: Go watch the games, the tricks and the chicks;)

Have all your gear/tools sorted, time counts when u hav 2b in a field in 10 mins and ur marker is leaking like my drunken dog.
If u can, hav a back up marker 4 the team (it's better than slinging balls:D) or have an extra player on your rooster.

In all this fuss... hav fun:p

Oh yeah, nurse your paint. Don't leave it in the sun or rain.

BigRed1883

Jan 21, 2002
New York
Visit site
How should we set up the team in the game??
1 back, 2 mid, and 2 forward?
2 back, 2 mid, and 1 forward?
ETC

What is a strong set up good for a new team ??
Thanks again

BigRed

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Setup

Originally posted by BigRed1883
How should we set up the team in the game??
1 back, 2 mid, and 2 forward?
2 back, 2 mid, and 1 forward?
ETC

What is a strong set up good for a new team ??
Thanks again

BigRed
Pretty standard: 2 up front close by the tape. 2 back behind giving cover paint down the tape and crossing also (b ready do synchronize among each other). 1 in middle in line with the 2 back players or halfway in. This guy won't see much directly in front but must coordinate and can also move up or punch thru a weak side tape.

Be ready to experiment.