Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New trigger design sidesteps Smart Parts?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by craigpil
well the trigger being used there is an inteliframe which cant be bought and i think that the ULE trigger kit does a simiar job to that in the video
The ultra light trigger kit just lightens the pull of a mag but still uses the standard 'push the sear pin with the trigger to fire' - it's lighter but more prone to short stroking, I doubt you'd be able to walk a ULT.

This is a completely pneumatic design - so the trigger doesn't hit the sear pin any longer, it activates some kind of custom ram which trips the sear. I'd imagine it eliminates short stroking completely.

In a thread a couple of months ago the designer (nicad) said he has shown the design to AGD already and they were impressed but are working on something along similar lines themselves. Although more recent threads make it sound as if AGD might be looking at buying into the design after all.

You can buy the Dallara body/rail - its the clever bits inside the grip frame which you can't get :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
LOL!:D
Its not impossibel, but I would have thought that from a man of your calibre, that you must have been very preoccupied with some sort of Technical wizadry...and hence this lack of concentration, meant that it was possible to really get it wrong and stall a diesel....on two occasions...!

jonny_tomato

Livin on a shoestring!
Mar 10, 2004
Engerland
ohhh poooo!

i feel left out........the damn vid wont work (boo hoo)!

i want an opinion on the subject but i think id either sound very stupid indeed or just get corrected with next post....lol:D

but honestly, do you really care that much that smart parts are trying to make money...well....of everyone else i suppose.

im happy to let them get on with it just as long as i can play paintball till im dead! But i do agree in some way with pgaglio, i would like to see nearly any patent broke through the innovation of the joe public.

pgaglio

Used Car Salesman
May 2, 2003
Detroit/Motown, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by jonny_tomato

but honestly, do you really care that much that smart parts are trying to make money...well....of everyone else i suppose.
It's fine with me if they try to make money. I only get upset by the fact that they are essentially putting other companies (AGD, AKA, ICD, and trying with WDP) out of the gun making business using a patent that seems flawed. The best way around the SP patent is through innovation, if it can't be defeated in court.