Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Year - New Answers Needed ..but What?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
1. Stop undercutting each other.

2. Work together.

3. Stop selling paint so cheaply you are making next to nothing on it.

4. Forget paintball on TV for the moment - it's untelevisable to the unintitated, and way too much cash has been thrown at this idea. Rob (DerDer) and Patrick (Monkey with a Gun) already do a sterling job to promote the sport with their DVD's, and the PSP has invested serious cash into their webcasts. Also, Traumahead's work on the Eclipse webcasts is outstanding.

5. In the UK, more events like the CPPS put on in Blackpool are needed, backed with sufficient promotion.

6. WDP - sorry, APS - are doing something interesting in 2010 with their A-Ball series.

I'll let you have more thoughts later.
That post pretty much sums it up Jonna :)

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
paintball clubs

clubs that promote all forms of paintball,giving people the choice of what form of balling they want to play
this will give teams a greater pool of players to pick from wether scenario teams or tournie.
also get away from this them and us attitude
they could be affiliated to sites and shops
which would bring a steady stream of business
gives newbie players a better choice of what type of balling they want to do.
how many times do you see players come and go after spending lots of money on kit to play sup-air and leave because they don,t like it,
when maybe woodsball or scenario might be thier cup of tea
thus we would not lose that player from balling.
just because he likes another form of balling doesn,t mean his money won,t help the industry keep going
infact it,s these players we need to keep and not lose from the game

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
paintball clubs

clubs that promote all forms of paintball,giving people the choice of what form of balling they want to play
this will give teams a greater pool of players to pick from wether scenario teams or tournie.
also get away from this them and us attitude
they could be affiliated to sites and shops
which would bring a steady stream of business
gives newbie players a better choice of what type of balling they want to do.
how many times do you see players come and go after spending lots of money on kit to play sup-air and leave because they don,t like it,
when maybe woodsball or scenario might be thier cup of tea
thus we would not lose that player from balling.
just because he likes another form of balling doesn,t mean his money won,t help the industry keep going
infact it,s these players we need to keep and not lose from the game
I believe something along these lines is in the pipeline.

:)

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
its really up to the large manufacturers suppliers or large paintball site franchis's to organise local sites to open up for an afternoon or days promotion, at the end of the day its a gamble whether it will have an affect but if the industry is that bad theyve got no choice unless they just pull in the resouces and ride the storm and see where it leaves them.

personally in the uk i would like to see a league set up for novice players to represent theyre local area and this would encourage local community support, lets face it if nottingham paintball team played verse derby paintball team the old enemy! now that might even make the local radio:)lol
look at football its successfull because it involves the local community and they have supporters of an established area which they can identify Notts county football speaks for itself, wolverhampton wanderers speaks for itself, manchester united, now look at paintball what do our team names mean! i reckon drop your area name in and get it recognised with the local community:eek::cool:
cant do it any harm:p
im not having a go at any current team names but having an area associated with a team in the long term may help the growth of the sport just an idea if i may be so bold,please dont take offence because i know how long it takes to come up with a team name! and at the end of the day our team has a silly name but do you want to be taken seriously or not?
The PA already did the team/city affiliation thing, and also introduced an ID card system, together with an organised way of transferring players, and teams being promoted or relegated at the end of the season according to their performance.

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Saving the paintball industry is not the same as saving tournament paintball...

Manufacturers need better margins - there is a natural cap on how big the market is and with companies making stuff aplenty no one can survive for long on low or non-existant profits while trying to cut out a bigger piece of the pie. That's just a "starving war" and the end result is fewer manufacturers, less innovation and variety.

Dealers need better margins too, I think if not for MAP we would be in a much worse situation than we are right now as a whole.

Field operators will be much better off if they realise that they're not in the business of selling paint and entry to their facility but a fun expierience. Customers are on average willing to spend 50-80 USD per visit. Capping the amount of paintballs they receive as part of their package allows for lower costs (less paint bought) & friendlier environment in which the recreational paintballers can thrive - People who get covered in paint as a result of someone having "loose fingers" will not have fun and will eventually stop coming.
For more on this topic: http://reiner-schafer.blogspot.com

Almost everyone these days know what paintball is, played paintball or knows someone who played paintball - If you ask someone about paintball they will probably say "it's fun but it hurts"... How many fields equip their customers with armor?

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Saving the paintball industry is not the same as saving tournament paintball...

Manufacturers need better margins - there is a natural cap on how big the market is and with companies making stuff aplenty no one can survive for long on low or non-existant profits while trying to cut out a bigger piece of the pie. That's just a "starving war" and the end result is fewer manufacturers, less innovation and variety.

Dealers need better margins too, I think if not for MAP we would be in a much worse situation than we are right now as a whole.

Field operators will be much better off if they realise that they're not in the business of selling paint and entry to their facility but a fun expierience. Customers are on average willing to spend 50-80 USD per visit. Capping the amount of paintballs they receive as part of their package allows for lower costs (less paint bought) & friendlier environment in which the recreational paintballers can thrive - People who get covered in paint as a result of someone having "loose fingers" will not have fun and will eventually stop coming.
For more on this topic: http://reiner-schafer.blogspot.com

Almost everyone these days know what paintball is, played paintball or knows someone who played paintball - If you ask someone about paintball they will probably say "it's fun but it hurts"... How many fields equip their customers with armor?
Very true.

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
It's not neccesarily true that people need to be shown rental paintball before they like paintball.
I came across "DerDer natural selcection" trailer on youtube while I was bored, then typed paintball into google and then approached Team GBH I'd never played before.

And on the point that barreloads of media (T.V and xbox) Well If I hadn't watched a load of millenium/PSP videos, I'd be playing walkons and therefore spent a fraction of what I've spent playing tournament paintball.

I think heavy media coverage would help. Watching players play in Las Vegas and WC has insipered me to want to play to get there.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
for the industry cut their costs i:e make more of thier parts to thier marker ranges more interchangeble
but is this a bad thing that some of the manufacturers are going to the wall.yes there is less choice,but only the well run companies are left
they also end up with a bigger percentage of the market as there is less competition
making these guys even stronger so is it really a bad thing thats happenning