Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Year - New Answers Needed ..but What?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As a business stick it out on your own. Charge a fair price for what you sell to facilitate the growth of your business. But at the same time offer value for money. It's not rocket science.

It's not just paintball thats in decline. Nearly every business type is in decline. Paintball is not alone in this. Unfortuanately people have less expendable money to spend and look for better value in what they do choose to spend their money on.

Thats what will reverse the decline. When the wider economy picks up so will paintball. There is no magic fix.
I think for the most part, Mario's take on things is simplistic, nonetheless, it is more accurate than most in this thread [in my opinion] and we can speculate all we like about what to do; And even when the recovery does gain some traction and steer us toward better times, everybody will have an opinion as to why that recovery happened but not one can be proven.

Generally speaking, the more accurate resolutions tend to be the simplest.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I thought that was the whole point of this thread?

I'm now confused. :confused:
Why should you be confused Syd?

I'm not suggesting people do not speculate, this thread is part of a process and part of that process is speculating, but if after speculating you seem to be getting nowhere nearer a clear conclusion then you can either remain in that cul-de-sac or admit a more basic set of principles is being played out .. as Mario suggested ... I was just agreeing with Mario after acknowledging I had interpreted the situation similarly.

Try not to worry too much Chris .. or is it Syd :confused:

:)

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
i didnt think there would only be one answer if any to come from this. the whole industry dosent have the same problems and even if they do what works for one might not for others.

and what seems a good idea to me tends to seem stupid to most. (altho my ideas rock :p)

infact from my eyes as a new player paintball is ALOT bigger than i previously thought.
if i was increase spending id drag people in and force them to spend money.

i believe sum1 said own gear guys are bad for the industry. i cant see this.

1. they buy gear
2. local sites can count of these people being there spending yes less but alot more often .
3. experiance to show new people how to play better and encouraged them.

i dont no enough about tournaments but i dont see them flashing cash prizes around. i havent even seen a cup etc. not saying there isnt just its not visable. i no glory isnt something i want to sit back and remeber i want a big cheque and a bigger cup to show of to my friends

i remember scotland rugby team selling scottish club shirts a few years back. since this support has grown for both glasgow and edinburgh rugby clubs. an idea would be to sell the top teams paintball shirts at event and get sum support behind them.

ok am of topic and horrible spelling throught but i think its all related to the basic point of helping paintball

Jan 5, 2006
Kent
Visit site
I love Gadget's long post above - scroll up and have a read, ... I totally agree with everything said there.

Now the tv / big business 'experiment' with paintball is ending, the question is where do we go from here.

The top end of the tourny circuit has proved to be unsustainable. Most players are only happy to compete at this level if somebody else paid the bill.

Paintball has failed as a spectator sport, so we need people playing for the sport to survive at all.

I think the answer has got to be a format that is accessible / affordable by more. More local events, cheaper entry costs, cheaper kit requirements, and less paint being shot. Concentrate on what makes the sport so much fun - shooting paintballs at each other. Does not mean we have to lose any 'cool' value, nor de-skill at all. Just move on, adapt and survive.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
If your business model is right, you are making products that people want, your overheads are low and you are not withdrawing stupid amounts from the business, you will survive.

Planet are a good example of this - their sponsorship portfolio seems to be expanding rather than contracting.

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
Maybe the Americans should adopt the site system of charging punters through the nose everyday and giving the players a cheap one day a month? Because really, out of 100 punters how many of them turn into regulars? May as well millk the punters if they're only going to play once in their life.

I was surprised to learn that they don't do that over there. Or at least, the area my american buddy is from.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I answer to either. :)

So, we're concluding that there are no new answers forthcoming then? That draws a line under it.

No worries.
Come on Chris, that's silly mate; I hope you noticed in my post, I had included that well used phrase, 'in my opinion', and unless you regard my opinion as the ultimate say on matters, which of course is rather flattering but even my ego wouldn't allow such folly.

Syd / Chris, there are a lot more people with an opinion on this forum than just me mate, and all of them are just as entitiled to post.
And I look forward to seeing them all, but to suggest just because I think a certain set of conditions prevail does not mean this thread comes to an end ....leastwise I hope not.