Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbee Tourney

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Hey Dude

Yep am in the same boat as you pretty much.

I'm in central Manchester (well Rusholme to be precise) so access to train stations is not a problem. I do intend to make it to an academy day eventually, but would find it easier to make it to days slightly more locally. So I don't have to leave so damn early and get back sooo late.

I'm in the process of buying my first marker, a powerfeed automag, 2nd hand mind you, but never the less am pretty excited about it!

Where do you ususally play?

And yeah ditto about MSN not on very often but will add you on.

Chimp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
you guys in mcr theres an indoor site in duckinfield that does a walk on every tuesday night.
nice group of guys down there.

ive also been thinking of makeing the trip to sparkies sometime.

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Jahlad

do you mean the (rather unfortunately named at the moment) Saddam's bunker?

What's it like there anyone know?

Not been but def trying to organise it :)

Cheers,

Chimp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yer thats the one

ive been down there once to play, is a small ish indoor site....pritty good to practice in....a tenner gets you in and paint is a good price....you can just turn up and play any tuesday.

a couple of guys on my team play there every week...one of them works there too. ill be down there tonight but not playing unfortunatly. even if you turn up on your own you will be made welcome (thats what i did)

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
cool, but is it

any good for the more newbie talented among us, ie me. :D

As I ain't the best player in the world, and if the level of most tues eves is pretty high it might be a brief series of games if you know what I mean.

Just curious, thinking of going down anyway mind you. Just wanna play, soon!

Chimp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
last time i was there there was a guy who had only played once, a couple who had just got their first guns (was the week b4 xmas) a couple of regulars, me (been playing for 10 years but i aint no pro) and Jud (team mate on rdx)

so a good mix really....if your worrried about getting mullered i wouldnt...just like anyother walk on really, you get shot a bit but it feels great when you shoot the guy with the flashy gun!

you will enjoy it

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
excellen news

Thanks jahlad, was a bit worried but was going to go anyway, now def going.

The website doesn't have walk on prices, you don't happen to know (roughly) what the CO2 fills and balls cost do ya?

First marker arriving soon, so want to go try it out, a 2nd hand powerfeed automag.

Toys toys toys

By the way where are you based in the NW?

Chimp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
of the top of my head a tenner to get in, air/co2 is free and i think i payed 45 for a case of 2000 paint

mags are a good gun to start with, not much can go wrong and theres loads of bits about for them.

i live in audenshaw manchester about a 5 min drive from sadams bunker

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Sounds pretty reasonable

Yeah I figured I'd rather get a better used gun for my money than a brand new lower end one.

Plus gonna just have a bit of fun playing around with it, adding bits here and there, and mags have a whole bundle of stuff you can do to em.

Yeah? not mega far away then.

What you shooting for RDX then? (prepares to be wowed by a tricked out marker)

Just need the experience to get better really, got a lot of catching up to do with the 14-15 year old wonder front players...

*sigh*

:D

Chimp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
not really a wonder marker, ive had cockers for ten years

the one ive got at the mo is a stock body and almost all eclipse internals, angel a.i.r will be ebladeing it asap