Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Newbie gear

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling Advice' started by Startender, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Just travelling around asia atm, looking to find myself and all that jazz

Ill be back in July and will eventually get into the sport, ive been doing some research for what a beginner should be looking for... Good mask, electronic marker etc

Just wanted a second opinion on what, lets say a £500 - £600 budget could get me

Thanks guys!

2. Zackie Tran New Member

Zackie Tran
    Message Count:
    I would say get an used mask and an used etek marker.(make sure it working perfectly). and maybe an used tank if it's not our of date,tested and in a good price.
    am not sure if 500-600 would be enough for full set up woth hopper, tank, electronic marker if you want a quality set up though.

3. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    I was looking at the Etek! Hopefully some Etha2's will come available as Christmas looms closer I was thinking of buying a used steelie tank, a lot cheaper by the looks of things. It will be my first electronic marker so I'm looking for reliable and easy maintenance then High end. I've seen Axe Pros go for £200 and the Gteks price has gone down so hopefully the used markers drop till. Fingers crossed ha

4. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Just wondering as well if anyone's used sellyourpaintballgear to buy any gear is it as secure as here?

5. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    A new fibre 4500psi cylinder is about £150 new, and generally £80 second hand

A new aluminium (often called steelie) is £30 to £40. At that price it's hardly worth the effort to buy secondhand, and unless done face to face the cost of postage will off set any saving.
    I wouldn't bother with a second hand aluminium unless it is included in a sale - and the seller can find an appropriate method to post it

6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    It's an answer to facebooks rule change banning paintball gun sales
    Treat it like any second hand sales, assume its not secure. Never use bank transfer, use PayPal and don't do any fee evading. Or if local enough arrange to meet face to face

7. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Alright thanks man! Appreciate the advice! Literally as you posted that I was justpaintball checking the aluminium tanks. They're really reasonably priced.

I thought as much with the site, gotta your cover ass. Again cheers for the reply

8. BZSammi Active Member

BZSammi
    Message Count:
  9. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Thanks; I'll give it a look now