Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie here :) what marker?

Edward

Feb 18, 2012
Hi there! As title says I am a total newbie and have only played paintbll a few imes ad that was woods ball as I live about 2 minutes away from apocalypse paintball in Royston an I love it! Anyway me and my mate want to start paintball as a hobby but as we are only young we only want to pay as little as possible to start up as we have to pay for our own equipment. And then if we want to we can later upgrade. Soo... What marker should we buy? I have come up with the tippmann gryphon, extreme rage 3, azodin kaos (although can't find them for sale). Which ones of these are best? I was defiantly going to get the gryphon as I love the looks of it and I also like that the gas goes straight into the handle. BUT....(DUN DUN DUN) earlier I saw a really cheap marker which is second hand on a supposably decent website and I went onto paintball review and I have found out that is electric (dunno how that helps) and it can be fully auto. It said that it was really good and that it is normally £200 but I found it for £45, the gun is the Diablo Mongoose II ReincarnationLCD Electronic. any advice is much appreciated and can you tell me if these markers are good, which ones best e.t.c

Sorry if this is in the wrong section :(

Ed

Ruffell

Just a noob
Jan 5, 2012
Essex
Hey Edward, I'm a newbie much like yourself, but I'd definately go with a decent gun as a starter. In the classifieds you can find some really good deals. I'd personally not go for either of those three guns and go for something that costs a little bit more (Lets say £150). You can find things like an Invert Mini or something made by Proto perhaps, the mini is a great entry level marker, and when I used my one before I got a new marker, I loved it! Overall, don't get a Gryphon, ER3 or a Kaos :p Get yourself something a bit better because it will save money in the long run, and be a lot lot better as a marker!
Hope this helps :)
Rhys

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
buy good first time no need to upgrade, but before purchasing an electronic marker find out from your field if they allow them or only on certain days (no good buying a mini you cant use) if your only allowed mechanical markers the bt4, tippmann a5, or if your fairly technical minded an autococker will see you right :)

also buy a nice set of goggles first as these are far more important than your first marker

Edward

Feb 18, 2012
Right so. I would rather nos spend more than £80 on a marker as I don't have a job as too young and money is tight! Soo is there any other markers you can recommend that are under £80 and if not what one have I listed that is best? And if my site allow electric markers is the mongoose good? And I think I will get a jt flex 8 :)

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
never heard of the mongoose but it would be best getting a bt4 combat, solid marker with very little maintenance needed and can be upgraded later for electro play (assuming allowed);)

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
Right so. I would rather nos spend more than £80 on a marker as I don't have a job as too young and money is tight! Soo is there any other markers you can recommend that are under £80 and if not what one have I listed that is best? And if my site allow electric markers is the mongoose good? And I think I will get a jt flex 8 :)
you mentioned the azodin kaos ?? i have an azodin kaos deluxe which is an upgraded version with regulator and zero valve i think they call it ( makes it softer on paint) i dont use it anymore and i only used it twice in the woods and its good fun you can have it for £125 posted if you want they are £200 new here or click this link to find where to get them
http://www.rap4uk.com/Azodin-Kaos-D-Paintball-Gun-Black-Gold-p/azodin_kaos_d_black_gold.htm

thats the one ive got

Edward

Feb 18, 2012
Looks beautiful! Although I don't think that I can spare that money for a marker at the moment :( is it electric?

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
Looks beautiful! Although I don't think that I can spare that money for a marker at the moment :( is it electric?
no its a mechanical marker but it not as hard on paint like most other blowback guns like the tippmann's and BT4's .... its really light aswell !!

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
right ive read up on the diablo and i recommend not getting as parts will most likely be hard to comeby should something happen however that is my opinion, it does seem a pretty solid gun so i leave the decision to you