Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie here :) what marker?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
The stock vibe/envy doesn't have eyes and limited to 11bps

There is a drop in upgrade (Blackheart board, new breech and eyes) that overcomes this shortfall

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
The stock vibe/envy doesn't have eyes and limited to 11bps

There is a drop in upgrade (Blackheart board, new breech and eyes) that overcomes this shortfall
but thats the point im trying to put accross it doesnt need eyes because of the low force bolt. and 11bps is more than enough for a walk-on/ rec play.

spose its very similar to the lvl 10 bolt in a automag

this guys pretty new to the sport he can worry about upgrades later on.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
True that low pressure bolt system does work a lot like the AGD Level10. Just making sure Edward had all the info needed. I've owned and shot a few seriously upgraded Ion's in the past. Great markers for the money and pretty easy to maintain... if you can source the parts. Thanks to Smart Parts going AWOL that's not been an easy task, but GoG seem to use and stock the same spare parts.

Last edited:

automag

Jan 14, 2008
i still firmly deny that spooly's vibe is still a vibe after his upgrades
Its a vibe in body but not in soul (internals).

As I said earlier the Ion is a good starter but the only issue is not having the BOB system to clean the bolt and breech.
The GOG eXTCy looks like an improved Ion with the BOB as standard. (I have not used the eXTCy). The Vibe is another good basic marker I serviced one this week for a guy on site. Very simple marker and if starting out great to get your head around.
GOG do sell the Banjos, screw kits, wire harness and seal kits. So most things to get you out of trouble.
As I have said you can have a go on my Ion to see what you think and if there are any Vibes on site I will see if they will let you have a go to give you an idea.

The basic's you would need

A good/comfortable set of goggles.
Marker,
Hopper, (approx £30)
Bottle (steely is good enough) (new one £40)
Some spare o-rings. (to get you out of trouble not every one will have any spare orings on them and if you gun goes down in the first game and you have no spares its the end of the day for you). (£20 tops)
Some cheap combats. (£25 for bottoms and top). (some will say why combats, they are cheap and you are running around the woods if they tear they will be a lot cheaper than paintball gear. If at a later date you want some paintball gear then get some). Save your money for playing paintball and enjoying it.
Hat and gloves (optional). (You say you are selling your moto x gear what are your gloves like? I wear moto x gloves when playing paintball I have de-stitched the hard pads on the back and I have now had them for a few years and they are still going strong. Might save you some money).

Regards

Anthony

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
yeah either marker extcy or vibe simple and pretty fool proof for maintenance!

if you go by the list of things you should get that automag has just put youll be fine.... just enjoy the game :D

Edward

Feb 18, 2012
Its a vibe in body but not in soul (internals).

As I said earlier the Ion is a good starter but the only issue is not having the BOB system to clean the bolt and breech.
The GOG eXTCy looks like an improved Ion with the BOB as standard. (I have not used the eXTCy). The Vibe is another good basic marker I serviced one this week for a guy on site. Very simple marker and if starting out great to get your head around.
GOG do sell the Banjos, screw kits, wire harness and seal kits. So most things to get you out of trouble.
As I have said you can have a go on my Ion to see what you think and if there are any Vibes on site I will see if they will let you have a go to give you an idea.

The basic's you would need

A good/comfortable set of goggles.
Marker,
Hopper, (approx £30)
Bottle (steely is good enough) (new one £40)
Some spare o-rings. (to get you out of trouble not every one will have any spare orings on them and if you gun goes down in the first game and you have no spares its the end of the day for you). (£20 tops)
Some cheap combats. (£25 for bottoms and top). (some will say why combats, they are cheap and you are running around the woods if they tear they will be a lot cheaper than paintball gear. If at a later date you want some paintball gear then get some). Save your money for playing paintball and enjoying it.
Hat and gloves (optional). (You say you are selling your moto x gear what are your gloves like? I wear moto x gloves when playing paintball I have de-stitched the hard pads on the back and I have now had them for a few years and they are still going strong. Might save you some money).

Regards

Anthony
Wow you really are a legend! What tank do u think i should get? 20oz co2 is what i have been looking at. Also that is a great idea with the mx gloves i think i will be wearing them next time i go!

Edward

Feb 18, 2012
yeah either marker extcy or vibe simple and pretty fool proof for maintenance!

if you go by the list of things you should get that automag has just put youll be fine.... just enjoy the game :D
Thanks a lot! All of you have been so helpful! :)