Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie Hi All

MandanX

Jan 7, 2014
Isle of Man
Quite new to the sport and up until now i have been using friends kit....
looking to get all new kit (jersey, pants, goggs, marker and hopper to start with)
i need help finding a marker and hopper, i have a price range of £300 at most but i live in the arse end of nowhere with 0 paintball shops so it will have to be online.

any help?

MandanX

Jan 7, 2014
Isle of Man
ive looked through a load but cant find what i am really looking for....
if i could can i get specific names of markers please and maybe a suggestion to what hopper for that marker?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Here's a post from a thread in the newbies....The tournament style of marker (often referred to as speedball markers) offer the advantage of being lighter and can be used in both woodsball and tournaments (although one brave individual does use a Dye Dam in tournaments)

Most tournament markers are very similar in terms of reliability, ease of use and efficiency and some can be picked up very cheaply. Each has its differences and people have their opinions and favourites for a variety of reasons.

Watch some YouTube videos of different markers and if you can see what people are using new at your local site (or if close by head to the CPPS to really see what tournament paintball is like)

Here is a basic list of different markers for you to check out:

Planet Eclipse
1) Ego (variants from 2007-2011)
2) Geo (1-3.5)
3) LV1
4) Etha
5) Etek series (1-5)

Dye
1) DM series (8-15)
2) NT 10/11
3) Rail series

Empire
1) Mini and Mini GS
2) Axe (and Axe pro)
3) Vanquish

Smart Parts/Luxe
1) Ion
2) Shockers
3) Luxe 1/1.5/2.0
4) Shocker RSX

Angel
1) A1
2) A1 fly

Macdev
1) Droid
2) Clone (VX and GTI)

Bob Long
1) Victory
2) Marq
2) Insight
4) G6R

These guns cover a vast array of prices from sub £100-£1000 and some such as the Etha can have the addition of a body kit to make it look more like a woodsball gun if that takes your fancy.

There are many different markers available (and many I haven't mentioned here) but one of these would suit you well. Do your research before you buy, decide what you are looking for in a marker and then search the classifieds. A bit of work goes a long way to getting something perfect.

As far as hoppers go look for a Dye rotor, Empire Z2 or Virtue Spire. All very competent and will set you back between £50-100.

Spend your time researching these guns on YouTube and if you have a local site pop down and see what people there shoot.

Tom_Redding

KU NEMESIS
Apr 23, 2014
I would buy second hand if you have a £300 budget, as you will get a better marker, and a better mask for the money, Also as you're just starting out I would recommend trying to get to a local walk on or tournament and try on a load of different masks and try a few different markers and each type of marker has their own 'personality'. for example i'm not a fan of the shape of the luxe's that I have tried and prefer the shape and sound of my ego. It's all down to personal preference, but like I have said I would recommend trying before you buy if you can. As for loaders, there is almost nothing between the 3 main loaders at the moment other than personal preference, I use a spire, but that's because it was the cheapest one I found when I was looking, if the rotor had been cheaper I would have gone for that.