Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie in Sussex

Joecave86

Aug 16, 2016
Brighton
Hello all,

Quick intro from me, I've been playing paintball since my 13th Birthday (30 now) at various sites on package days.
Always wanted to get into paintball in a more serious way but always lacked funds/transport etc.

Finally got myself into a position where I can now commit to playing on a regular basis and have a great site nearby, Holmbush Paintball in Horsham.

I've invested in a battle-pack, some pods, gloves and I have combat trousers walking boots etc. My choice of mask will be the JT Flex as it is good for people who wear glasses (I need them to play).

Other than that I was thinking of saving any further investment until after my first walk-on where I will just hire a rental marker (the Inferno no doubt) and ask the players on-site for some advice on what marker to buy.

Hello to all and thanks for the information on this site, it has been helpful!

Joe

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Great to see a new player - I go to Holmbush when i can - used to be regular but not as much as of late.

Id suggest getting to their walkon days - once a month

Even if the first time is to try out some guns and other kit

Reactions: Joecave86

Joecave86

Aug 16, 2016
Brighton
Great to see a new player - I go to Holmbush when i can - used to be regular but not as much as of late.

Id suggest getting to their walkon days - once a month

Even if the first time is to try out some guns and other kit
Thanks yeah I intend to go there for the October Walk-on,not really able to decide which marker is best along with hopper and the air tank etc so should be a helpful visit,maybe see you there some time.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Thanks yeah I intend to go there for the October Walk-on,not really able to decide which marker is best along with hopper and the air tank etc so should be a helpful visit,maybe see you there some time.
Ill drop you a message if im there - if i can be there ill bring some markers for u to try out

Reactions: Joecave86

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
If you are looking for a marker I would say get a mini they are cheap but will rock hard when needed they are very simple to.maintain or a etek they are a little harder to service and a bit more money but both are good guns treat will play with the top end markers or out in the woods for fun the is always good used guns on here but remember good electors only run on air not co2

Joecave86

Aug 16, 2016
Brighton
If you are looking for a marker I would say get a mini they are cheap but will rock hard when needed they are very simple to.maintain or a etek they are a little harder to service and a bit more money but both are good guns treat will play with the top end markers or out in the woods for fun the is always good used guns on here but remember good electors only run on air not co2
Ok thanks for the added tips,I really like the look of the empire axe but not sure I'll find it 2nd hand or not. Mini could be a good 2nd choice.

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
If you keep a eye out have seen axe for sale on here but you looking more at a couple of hundred then a air tank then a hopper all depends on buget I run a mini and will be at cpps going up against guns that cost a lot more