Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie looking for advice

Tippmann Sam

Feb 5, 2015
Wales
Yo peeps i have noticed there is a lot of advice regarding beginners to paintball but i was hoping to find someone who could give me some specific advice relating to myself. I am from Newport south wales and i want to start playing paintball regulary but i have found that going to sites like delta force are just to expensive to go to every weekend. I have purchased a standrard woodsball marker, goggles, a hopper and some paint so i am ready to jump into something asap. I was hoping to find out if there are any teams near where i live as i am interested in tournament paintball? I would also like to know any basic tips about starting paintball as a sport and how i can make this as cheap as possible as i am only 17. Any advice would be great even if you cannot answer some of my questions specifically.

beaver667

Oct 27, 2014
Hi Sam some advice I've received is to try and get to walk ons at your local sites. The more experienced guys on here are great for advice about the best ways to get into the sport as I'm just beginning my self. I'm hopefully going to my first walk on this month.

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
The reason its so expensive at delta force is because they aim to make revenue off punters so charge extortionate prices for a box of paint. I to am just 17, the best way to start it to try and contact some local teams or teams near by and get to training session and see what it is like to play on a sup air field if you haven't already , see what it is like. Its not as expensive as it sounds at times.

when you say woodsball marker I am going to assume its something like a bt delta... this would be to cumbersome and large on a sup air field you may have to look at getting another marker suitable for sup air, something like a invert mini would be cheap. You will then need a hopper to keep up with around 10.5 bps unless you want to be out gunned in a firefight. As for the paint you brought, most sites insist you buy your own so you would not be able to use that. Around £25-30 a box. you could easily go through 1-2 boxes at a training session.

I know of a team (AUP) that are in wales however i think they are a university team not to sure on that one.
Get on some forums and facebook sites and get chatting to people.
This is a good place for the information you need.

Oh and a little off topic but try before you buy!!!

Tippmann Sam

Feb 5, 2015
Wales
Cheers guys. Cameron i have not played on a sup air field yet but i am planning on going to one asap and by woodsball marker i mean a basic tippmann cronus decent size and weight i know its not exactly sutiable for speedball but i am not planning on usuing this marker for this i would be most definatley buying a new marker if i did feel speedball was my thing. Thanks again for the comments much appreciated

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Sam,

If you wanted to venture across the water and into Bristol try Skirmish. they hold their walkons every first sunday of the month and change between 2 sites - still close to each other.

They also run Cribbs cup which is a 5man sup' air tournament. Pop over and watch if you wanted (22/2/15 @ cribbs causeway)

Im fairly new to the sport, just over a year and found myself starting with woodsball and very quickly playing both, so it may be best to invest and something like an etha that is capable on both fields of play

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
My first time playing sup air i was very nervous, but i had an excellent time playing, you will not be disappointed in the experience, intense from the first buzzer to the last, makes you keep coming back for more

Reactions: Care_Bears

Tippmann Sam

Feb 5, 2015
Wales
thanks again for the comments. Is there any big games that you reccomend i should attend this year to help build up my skills?

AndyPandy

Jan 30, 2015
West Midlands
Hey there... Also pretty new to the sport and am now playing in a team in the CPPS which is in the midlands... Lots of teams from lots of places travel to CPPS to train and also play in the tournaments there which is great... Regarding woodsball... If you like to play but are finding the cost too much then try and ask your local site if you can bring your own paint... I did that with my son a while back... We still go for fun sometimes... Works out much cheaper... Our site usually charges £5 to play then £6 per 100 paintballs... So if you use a case (2000) of paint it will cost you £125 to play which is a lot... What our local site does now is charge us £25 to play and we bring our own paint which we can get off the interweb for ~£30 for a case... So suddenly I am now paying £55 instead of £125... Simple...!!!

Tippmann Sam

Feb 5, 2015
Wales
Sounds like you got the perfect opportunity there, unfortunately my local site is delta force they are extremely reluctent to allow people to bring there own paint i have even heard of delta force phoning the police and getting people arrested for using there own paint :eek:

Pomello_man

Mar 1, 2012
I've always found walk ons and big games the best place to learn everything and anything! The people at the site I go to have always been so helpful, especially when it comes to tech issue..

Reactions: Tippmann Sam