Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Newbie needs info please

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Alexwin, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Alexwin New Member

Alexwin
    Message Count:
    Hey guys and girls,
    So I've been paintball a few times at bawtry and delta force and I wanna get into this sport so bad, but I have no kit. I'm flying to Orlando Florida in 2 weeks and I no Paintballing is huge over there, is it worth buying equipment over there and bringing it back eg. Marker, tank, hopper. And how? Any info will be helpful thanks

2. Alex Dawson Member

Alex Dawson
    Message Count:
    I would imagine it would be cheaper to buy gear over in the states, most things usually are cheaper.
    Then again the p8ntballer forums often have good quality second hand gear at a good price, including complete kit sales where people leave the sport. I wish i had bought second hand when i started because you dont know what kind of gear will suit you.
    lastly i would recommend just getting yourself a marker(with hopper and tank) , Mask, and a pod holder . thats all you really need to start with, no one will look at you and judge because your not in full gear... its far worse in my opinion to have " All the gear and no idea" ... im slowly shedding all of my gear as i gradualy start to get an idea :)

Hope this helps buddy

Peace ( for now )

o/

Alexwin likes this.
  3. maxxon Member

maxxon
    Message Count:
    One thing to note is that US inspection stamps (DOT) for high pressure tanks are generally not valid in Europe.

And flying with one is an extra hassle anyway.

My general feeling is that if you're buying at suggested retail, it's not really worth it. If you happen to find a particularly good deal for something, e.g. a barrel kit, it might be worth it bringing it over.

Alexwin likes this.
  4. Alexwin New Member

Alexwin
    Message Count:
    Yes thankyou I understand, I think I'll have a look cheers

5. Alexwin New Member

Alexwin
    Message Count:
    That's one of my worries,
    I didn't know this about higher pressure tanks. Thanks

6. Garcelle More paint please

Garcelle
    Message Count:
    Just a side note if you are intending to buy gear in the US,

Make sure you remove the items from packaging and cut all the tags off, wear the items a couple of times and if you buy a marker try to shove some paint to through it and make it used. Maybe go for a quick game and get shot a couple of times .
    If you are stopped on return to UK and the stuff is unused you will be charged import duty and VAT on the items (keep your receipts just incase)

Hope you manage to find something good out there.

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Before smuggling goods into the U.K. check your allowances as there may be no duty to pay in the first place.

https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-outside-the-eu

If customs check you and believe you are attempting to deceive them then they won't be very friendly. The lack of receipts can mean they make their own valuations and bring you over the threshold whereas your genuine receipts may have been below the threshold with nothing owing in the first place.

Compressed air cylinders - not really worth the effort, if it's not already tri-certified for US/Canada/Europe then you won't be able to use it.

Guns aren't necessarily worth the effort unless it's something special, and take into account that you may have to pay extra to import.

Other goods are definately worth the effort

In principle support U.K. paintball retailers, but as long as you are buying for yourself then you can get good deals without the excess of international postage

Research the area you are going to go to for real paintball shops, if there aren't any handy ones then you can still buy online and have it delivered to your hotel to be held until your arrival

8. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Not sure if this is a wording issue or a typo

Tanks / cylinders in the US are to the same pressures (designed to hold 3000psi or 4500psi)
    This level of pressure is known as High Pressure Air
    They need to be approved for the country / region they are used. Though you could buy an identical cylinder in the U.K. or the US the actual one you buy in a shop is unlikely to have approval markings for both U.K. & US

https://m.facebook.com/notes/united...fety-information-guide-hpa-1/349610921821652/