Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie Thread Suggestion

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
A quick idea for the forum.

Quite a lot of people who are new to the forum and looking to get their own equipment for the first time post threads asking for advice on what marker/mask/clothes/gas bottle etc to get (I know, as I was one of them...). These are quite commonly started threads and tend to get the same answers in response.

How about creating a thread whith some basic advice for beginners on what equipment to buy, pro's & cons, etc and sticky it in the Newbie section?

Hopefully it would be able to cover most of the commonly asked "what gear to buy" questions and cut down on repetative threads.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
It's a great idea but in reality many newbies can't be arsed to read stickies

The forums trading rules sticky for example :rolleyes:

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
A quick idea for the forum.

Quite a lot of people who are new to the forum and looking to get their own equipment for the first time post threads asking for advice on what marker/mask/clothes/gas bottle etc to get (I know, as I was one of them...). These are quite commonly started threads and tend to get the same answers in response.

How about creating a thread whith some basic advice for beginners on what equipment to buy, pro's & cons, etc and sticky it in the Newbie section?

Hopefully it would be able to cover most of the commonly asked "what gear to buy" questions and cut down on repetative threads.
This is a good idea, but it is covered by "search Button" posts. Also, paintball changes so frequently, any info is irrelevant within a fortnight. BUt if you feel like starting a thread, and it's good enough, I'll sticky it, which will be a thanks to you.... :)

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
I just wrote 1.3k of words covering 3 goggles, and 3 markers, all for the newbie section, however i would like to do tanks but i'm off to america in 5 hours and i cant finish it unless i have internet there.

its quite general but it gets the point through.. it shouldn't use too much confusing language, but if it does then i have website references...

i jsut wnted to give it a go, and 1.3k in 30 mins aint to bad ;)