Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

jaygooley

Sep 6, 2021
hi looking on getting in to paint balling around the northwest area is there any events and what should i buy for starting off thanks.

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Hi dude, I’m getting back into it and would say my knowledge is at the rudimentary stone tool phase maybe heading towards hunter gatherer. But my guidance would be to look to go on sum walk-on days near you, near me there’s Outpost Chester and Unreal Paintball Stoke. Basics to buy would be a marker, air bottle and regulator, mask, pods, barrel swab. Watch reviews from Paintball Ruined My Life - there’s lots of good reviews on a range of markers and price points. Okie dokie hopefully that helps and someone with greater experience than myself will chip in with some better snippets of wisdom.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
hi looking on getting in to paint balling around the northwest area is there any events and what should i buy for starting off thanks.
Greetings and welcome to the madhouse that is Paintball, give us an idea where you are right now and you'll get a better answer for what you want. Do you want to get into it as in you've not really played before, (maybe done a fun day somewhere)? Or have you done a few fun days and want to start getting into walkons and see what happens from there? The answer I guess will help us to advise you on what to buy along the way.

That said, and this is probably the most common answer you'll get, first thing you want to buy is a really good pair of goggles, (thermal lens, chin strap etc), something you can invest in that will last you a long time. A good pair of goggles that fit you and are comfortable and don't steam up make doing punter days a lot more fun as you get an understanding on what/how you want to play. Oh and a good squeegie, my experience of most "punter guns" makes a squeegie useful ;)

I'd avoid basic starter kits if I were you, they're great for people that want a good, cheap setup for occasional use, but if you want to start playing more, you're going to be upgrading kit pretty rapidly, especially the masks they tend to come with.

Also good advice is to never, ever, EVER reply to anything by @mikey1975 if you want to keep a healthy bank balance...trust me ;) (unless you want a good deal on some used gear, then he's your man)

Reactions: mikey1975