Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie's first marker: Invert Mini GS vs Etha

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Hi all,

This is my first post so apologies if I break any of the rules (Hopefully not). I've been playing rec for about 10 years off and on but after going again recently I've seriously got the bug and have started building up my gear.

I want to get a new marker rather than a second hand one as I'm just generally more comfortable buying new as I've been stung a few times on other second hand things knocking about the net.

I've started looking at getting my first marker and have been looking at either the new invert Mini GS or an Etha. There is a few package deals on Just Paintball for both. They both come with bottles and Hoppers but the Mini GS comes with a Halo Too which from what I hear is a decent Hopper http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/marker-gun-packages/empire-mini-gs-bundle-save-100.html. Where the Etha comes with a JT Revolution hopper and a load of extra bits http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/marker-gun-packages/eclipse-etha-package-save-130.html. I'm also aware the GS is a pretty new marker so there may not be too much advice about it yet but every little helps!

Just wondering what you guys thought was a better deal. I already have my mask etc so not massively fussed about that in the Etha package.

Thanks in advance guys.

Devo

Thunder Ducks #77
Feb 16, 2014
m.facebook.com
Obviously if you have had some bad experiences with buying second hand you will want to go new, but I woudlnt rule out the sales forum here as i have never had any issues with purchases from the lovely people of P8ntballer.

The first question is what type of paintball will you be playing, tournemant or scenario?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
That Mini GS bundle seems a good deal even though it's a pretty rubbish tank. The mini GS is about the £320 mark anyway, I have one I bought for my son and he doesn't like the colour so I bought him a different colour. it's here if you want to have a look.
*TFP Edit: Not a wanted thread and user doesnt have classified access*
But to be fair the package with a bottle and a hopper seems a good deal

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The mini GS is the superior marker. Reviewed it for the new paintball mag going to print today

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Obviously if you have had some bad experiences with buying second hand you will want to go new, but I woudlnt rule out the sales forum here as i have never had any issues with purchases from the lovely people of P8ntballer.

The first question is what type of paintball will you be playing, tournament or scenario?
I'm going to be doing a few walk on days and probably a few of the bigger scenario games like NvS etc. I want to get into the Tournament side as well though. I figure a tournament marker is a more versatile marker for overall play.

I'll have another look through the classifieds though!

Cheers

Devo

Thunder Ducks #77
Feb 16, 2014
m.facebook.com
If you are set on buying new, i have had 2 brand new Mini GS over the past month that have both leaked straight out of the box (one of which had rust in the ASA), so i have been tainted to not touch a GS if you were paying me to take it. But having said that, i have a 3rd gen Mini that has been my backup and never had an issue so i may have been unlucky with the GS.

Planet Eclipse guns are always reliable and have techs at most events throughout the UK so you wont be short on advice or parts for the gun. The other nice feature of the Etha is the Milsim kit you can get for it if you feel more at home in the Woods.

Or in simple terms, Tournemant the GS will be far superior in theory but if you going for the Woodsball and want to use attachments then the Etha is the way to go.

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
That Mini GS bundle seems a good deal even though it's a pretty rubbish tank. The mini GS is about the £320 mark anyway, I have one I bought for my son and he doesn't like the colour so I bought him a different colour. it's here if you want to have a look.
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/empire-mini-gs.167646/
only had less than a thousand balls through it.
But to be fair the package with a bottle and a hopper seems a good deal
Yeah the tank is pretty crappy but should be ok to get me through a few walk ons. Will upgrade to a better one when I get the cash together! Thanks for the link but I think the black and gold is a bit blingy for me! Like the look of the Blue/silver myself!

Cheers for the reply!

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
If you are set on buying new, i have had 2 brand new Mini GS over the past month that have both leaked straight out of the box (one of which had rust in the ASA), so i have been tainted to not touch a GS if you were paying me to take it. But having said that, i have a 3rd gen Mini that has been my backup and never had an issue so i may have been unlucky with the GS.

Planet Eclipse guns are always reliable and have techs at most events throughout the UK so you wont be short on advice or parts for the gun. The other nice feature of the Etha is the Milsim kit you can get for it if you feel more at home in the Woods.

Or in simple terms, Tournemant the GS will be far superior in theory but if you going for the Woodsball and want to use attachments then the Etha is the way to go.

Well thats not good at all! Hopefully it was a bad luck thing, I'm not not too bothered about the ad ons for the Etha, seems like adding weight for no real advantage to me but each to their own!