Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbies....want do you want from us !!!!!!!

Rowely

Bend over, here it comes.
Jun 18, 2006
Markie mate, i think your doing everything perfectly for newbies, but the tourny sounds like a good idea to me, it would probably get more new players down and into sup air.. so it's all good :D

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Markie mi owd'mukka...

A 'newbie' tourney is the best idea - but with a slight twist. Make it a 3-man, random teams one.

In other words - see who turns up - pays £15 (or a bit more as it is a toruney afert all ;)) - and put their name in a hat.

Draw 3 names - hey presto - team A (repeat to fade).

To make it a little more interesting - designate one of the more 'experienced' players (Kelly's, Firm, etc.) as a 'coach' for the day.

That way the teams won't feel that they've been thrown together - with no idea on what to do next (something I see everywhere - all too often!).

Get the 'coaches' to do field walking - basic laning, sweet-spotting, diving in, etc.

Then get the teams to play each other at the end - but keep the points system a very simple one, as this is where everyone tends to lose the plot.

3 points for this, -1 for that, 50 for this etc. is too complicated for even the most experienced. Just use a simple win/lose/draw system (eg. 3 for win, 2 for draw, 1 for loss - yes, 1 for loss - that way no-one gets 0 points or less!).

Oh - and to make sure no coaches pick 'favourites' - make the team selection/coach combination random as well (eg. Pebble gets team A, Lovetone gets team B etc. - then draw the teams they have to 'coach').

If you need any help sorting this out - give me a bell - you have my moby number.

cheers

you read my mind we are actually going to do one in December mate just to see how it works for next year i even sent Wendy a email to tell her about that about a month ago.

keep tuned folks

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Also think this is a great idea and I will be implementing it with the NSPL Academy in the South West. To me, it seems like the missing link between Newbie days and KotHs. Will make the step up so much easier for new players.