Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbies

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Hi.
Myself(49) and my son(13) started in march on his birthday, since I have been twice but my son has been once a month(shiftwork gets in the way of taking him more)
We mentioned this to a relative and today he gave us 2 markers, at the outlaws still so not sure of model/make etc
One is hpa and the other co2, I understand that the co2 can be run on hpa as is.
Is that correct?

My main bugbear yesterday was my fogging mask, is there a pinlock type system for masks? Pinlock is like double glazing for motorbike visors.

As for the markers is there much to do to make sure they are ok to use or should I get them serviced?
Thanks
Ray

Garcelle

More paint please
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Ray, welcome to the forum.

The masks your on about have what's referred to as a thermal lense. Two pieces of plastic separated by a thin piece of foam at the edge.

Hopefully someone else can help with the markers. A model or make would help alot.

Reactions: Ssray

MechMasters

Aug 8, 2017
www.facebook.com
For the gas, it is mainly the Bottle not the marker. Most basic markers I.e tippmann etc will run both co2 and hpa with no problems. Most top range markers worlnt handle co2 as it is a liquid and freezes and destroys orings and can cause blockages. Pics needed to help with branding. Do not put hpa into co2 or other way around

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi.
Myself(49) and my son(13) started in march on his birthday, since I have been twice but my son has been once a month(shiftwork gets in the way of taking him more)
We mentioned this to a relative and today he gave us 2 markers, at the outlaws still so not sure of model/make etc
One is hpa and the other co2, I understand that the co2 can be run on hpa as is.
Is that correct?

My main bugbear yesterday was my fogging mask, is there a pinlock type system for masks? Pinlock is like double glazing for motorbike visors.

As for the markers is there much to do to make sure they are ok to use or should I get them serviced?
Thanks
Ray
99% of Paintball guns will run on air and will prefer air than co2
The few others will be very old, and for some models may run better with o rings changed for air

If they have been sat around then they may benefit from a service which could be simple or complex depending on models, the most basic service will be a strip down, change of o rings and some lube
You can just air them up and test for leaks, but there’s not much more that we can say without seeing them and/or confirming the models

If you have received cylinders then check them for dates. Any co2 cylinders may as well be treated as paperweights, any air cylinders may or may not be in date and may or may not be hydro tested to bring them back to life

Grab us some photos or let us know what markings they have

If the cylinder has a flat base then it probably is either a co2 cylinder or a 3000psi air cylinder
The valve on a co2 cylinder just has the pin valve and is filled & operated through that valve.
On an air cylinder there will be a regulator with an output pin valve and an input fill nipple
Either will have a born/manufacture date marked

If the cylinder has a curved base then it is most likely a 4500psi air cylinder, but there is one mode of 3000psi cylinder that looks like this

Both 3000 psi and 4500psi cylinders will have additional markings, the born date, as 4500psi will have a final date (normally 15 years from date of manufacture) and may have some test markings

Let us know what you find

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The red is a ‘Pro Toyz Speedster’ (just what it says on the side!), and that’s a generic Spyder clone, cheap and cheerful plus reliable.
So if there’s anything wrong then it won’t take much more than some lube and o-rings to sort out. (But it is missing a feedneck in the photo)

The blue is a Smart Parts Impulse, and again shouldn’t take much to deal with any issues from age

Both will function on compressed air

The left cylinder is a 3000psi aluminum, the right is for co2
Both are out of date and aren’t really worth the cost of a hydro test as you could replace with a new generic 3000psi aluminum at around £30ish
They can be scrap metal or if you’re handy with power tools (after double checking they really are empty) then they can be made into ornaments, stands etc