Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

News from Madrid ?

JAC

License to paint
Well Madrid was over and even in the "Frying pan" rained! (yes iut rained Sunday...)
It was hot but the players area was cool enough and the Moisture tunnel and the swimming pool were great ways to cool down and avoid heatstrokes. The fields were a little small and very agressive and that allowed very interesting games!

Also I want to congratulate London Tigers for their results and for an incredible play style... The best games I saw in Madrid were your games! Fast paced Paintball, ultra agressive plays, interestings tactics.. Lots of Kudos for you guys!

Here a pic from you that in a way ilustrates what I just said:

3 guys on that snake and all had different targets!!

Great Play guys and see you in Malaga

JAC

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
The Iberian Cup was simply the best-quality event I've been involved with this year. The promoter organization took care of the reffing staff better than I've ever seen. They had ice in the reffing tents, and water, water, water. Plus fruit and candy. They kept the bunkers clean constantly and the fields well-maintained. The games were almost always on-time or ahead of schedule.

After I've recovered I can make a list of all the things they did right.

I want to shout out a sincere thanks and congratulations to Pedro, Alfredo, João, Joanna and all the other people on the staff. And thanks to Adam and Karlijn.

Steve

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Steve,

I did pick up some rumours about there being no refs for the Nations Cup. Also there are voices saying that (some) refs head refs did not get paid as promised. Any truth in this? And if so, what was done to remedy this situation?

This is not an attack on anyone, just doing some fact checking for rumour control.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Steve,

I did pick up some rumours about there being no refs for the Nations Cup. Also there are voices saying that (some) refs head refs did not get paid as promised. Any truth in this? And if so, what was done to remedy this situation?

This is not an attack on anyone, just doing some fact checking for rumour control.
For the Nations Cup we had seven refs under my supervision. Unfortunately there was a lot of playing on that didn't get caught because some of the games were chaotic.

There was no problem with anyone not getting paid so there is nothing to remedy. The only glitch I know about was the hotel wanting money which looked like some mix-ups in the hotel reception.

Great event even if there weren't so many teams.

Steve

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Thanks for responding Steve, I appreciate that.

Perhaps I should have made my question about the reffing of the NC a little more specific. What I heard (so it might be wrong, that's why I'm asking) is that certain people who were going to ref the NC said they were not going to anymore.
Is this the case, and if so, did they come round and reffed anyway, or were other people approached to do the reffing?

As I said, no attack on anyone. Just fact finding.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Thanks for responding Steve, I appreciate that.

Perhaps I should have made my question about the reffing of the NC a little more specific. What I heard (so it might be wrong, that's why I'm asking) is that certain people who were going to ref the NC said they were not going to anymore.
Is this the case, and if so, did they come round and reffed anyway, or were other people approached to do the reffing?

As I said, no attack on anyone. Just fact finding.
There were simply no hassles. There was a little negotiation about the compensation as it was strictly voluntary but we ended up with seven of our pro refs as Pedro requested. Everybody was happy.

STeve