The Home Of European Paintball

Next Accademy Sparklie?

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
(M)27 VWE WLTM like minded GSOH.....

hmmmmm...... first post ever!!!! Be afraid be very afraid.....

OK, so a little carried away with the VWE (infact I'm a bullsh*t artiste), but down to biz.

I speak wit Sparklie (sorry that's Gungan start again). I spoke with Sparklie re Academy and am definately going to go in Sept (can't make this one as away with work).

Soundz as though some of you have been b4, and I have a couple of questionz.

Are you guys playing once a month or more often?
Does anybody know any good drills I can practice at home / back garden?
Is there a zen like state that I can attain to walk into a stream of balls from an Angel and not get hit?
In fact just to get my ample ar*e out from behind the bunker without papping me trolleys?
Does anybody know of teams / individuals who need a target for practice?

Any help and direction would be welcome. In my short time in paintball I've learnt that the marker not maketh the player and I seriously need to work on a few aspects of the game (i.e. hitting anything smaller than a house from ten foot away especially when the preverbial hits the fan). I would add that I sleep with my marker on a regulr basis though (well when the girlies not about)

Anyway I've waffled on and on (too much time on me hands at work).

Help me Obi-Wans you're my only hope......

Laterz

Stongle (Wanted to be Goatboy but somebody already is)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Welcome Stongl. You sound slightly insane - should fit in well with the rest of us!:D :D :D
I'll have a go at answering some of your questions:
The formal Academy is once a month, but there are likely to be opportunities to train at other times. Try to get hooked up with one of the teams that train at Maidenhead.
I would be careful of firing a marker in your back garden unless you have either a) very strong, very high walls or fences or b) an incredibly enormous garden. Try snap-shooting at politicians on the TV (NO! NOT with the gun turned on!:eek: :D ). I find the sight of Tony Blair works wonders with my accuracy.
Sorry, no zen-like state for walking through a hail of paint, but there ARE sacred mysteries that will allow you to pick running lanes to minimise getting shot. Come & worship at the temple of Sparklie and if you are favoured, all will be revealed (No, not that kind of revealed, I mean you'll get told how to avoid being shot).
For those of us who are circumferally enhanced, wise through experience & velocity challenged (fat, old & slow) there's always the option of playing BACK. This takes much intense & strenuous training in subjects such as how to eat more burgers & pies than the rest of the team put together, how not to grab & carry flags, how not to move faster than a stroll on the field, how to only get the big barricades.........

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Marzipans Private Davey.....

Liz,

Thanks for the tips.

I actually only work a short walk from Parliament, so I could take the Impy straight down there and get some real practice with Paint (gotta try out the i-frame). Yummy Yummy Claricccceeeeeeee. I ate Tony Blairs liver with some fava beans and nice Chianti!

Actually perhaps not such a good idea as SO19 and all the Cozzers might have something to say about a Psychotic going Cyclic with what looks very like a gun. Oh the Joy Though!!!!

No more politics.... BAST**DS!!!!

I have been afflicted with typing diarrhea today (well since I saved the British economy this morning anywayz). I'm not the Osama Bin Laden of thread hijacking so I'll be brief:

Is there anything else I need bring for Academy?. As Snoop and Dr Dre once said "I've got my gauge, my uzi and my mutherf**kin .22", i.e. my marker, mask and pots etc (I'm not a nutter honest to goodness, bite my bender)

Oh also if anybody else harks from darkest Essex and needs a life (I mean lift), more than welcome to accommodate (sorry to ruin any stereotypes but I don't have an XR3 with Carlos Fandango Alloys or 55" subs playing Speed Garage - Ounsa Ounsa Ounsa with the bump n flex).

Anywayz au-revoir mon-amis

Stongle
A.K.A. Stonagio
A.K.A. the Goatster
A.K.A. Donnie Brasco
A.K.A. Donnie Osmand
A.K.A......Ah get the Dolphins on this Mutherfu.............

Marzipans Private Davey.....

Originally posted by stongl
Liz,

Thanks for the tips.

I actually only work a short walk from Parliament, so I could take the Impy straight down there and get some real practice with Paint (gotta try out the i-frame). Yummy Yummy Claricccceeeeeeee. I ate Tony Blairs liver with some fava beans and nice Chianti!

Actually perhaps not such a good idea as SO19 and all the Cozzers might have something to say about a Psychotic going Cyclic with what looks very like a gun. Oh the Joy Though!!!!

No more politics.... BAST**DS!!!!

I have been afflicted with typing diarrhea today (well since I saved the British economy this morning anywayz). I'm not the Osama Bin Laden of thread hijacking so I'll be brief:

Is there anything else I need bring for Academy?. As Snoop and Dr Dre once said "I've got my gauge, my uzi and my mutherf**kin .22", i.e. my marker, mask and pots etc (I'm not a nutter honest to goodness, bite my bender)

Oh also if anybody else harks from darkest Essex and needs a life (I mean lift), more than welcome to accommodate (sorry to ruin any stereotypes but I don't have an XR3 with Carlos Fandango Alloys or 55" subs playing Speed Garage - Ounsa Ounsa Ounsa with the bump n flex).

Anywayz au-revoir mon-amis

Stongle
A.K.A. Stonagio
A.K.A. the Goatster
A.K.A. Donnie Brasco
A.K.A. Donnie Osmand
A.K.A......Ah get the Dolphins on this Mutherfu.............
In a word 'Nutter'

Sounds like u will fit right in.

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
definately a case for the white coated Doctors with clipboards & half chewed biros :)

Hopefully i'll be there ion september 22nd too stongle aka whatever else your called, so I might see you there :)
I might even have my own gun & everything by then if my deal with my mate in the US comes off by then!! Hes saving me a fortune!! and that includes importing costs!

FUBAR

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
Hi Stongl

Welcome to our boards! You sound like a complete nutter...looking forward 2 meeting you at Sparklies next month! Re Zen-like state to walk into hail of fire from many Angels...no, but i could lay me brightons on some local anaesthetic cream that lasts for about half an hour. I guarantee you'll feel no pain at all...until it wears off! :D