The Home Of European Paintball

Nexus and Tigers set to collide

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Originally posted by sjt19
From the NPPL website:

"The Rules committee voted on and approved the addition to rule 23.01 Seeding.

This rule will be in effect immediately.

23.01 Professional Pro Teams will choose a City name to be associated with there current team name. A Professional Team can not share the same City name as another Professional Team. (For the 2005 season City Team names will be determined based on the 2004 overall team rankings)"

This offical enough?

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
It would have been if the NPPL hadn't allowed them to play the first round with the London name. They didn't enforce the rule then so to my mind it is not a certainty that they will enforce it now. Has the NPPL raised the issue with the tigers? Or has someone just noticed the rule and posted on the web?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Yes, the Tigers are homeless and currently living in cardboard boxes under the I-95 bridge. Your contributions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Help a brother get to Denver. Give generously.

PS--I don't think the issue came to a head nor was the official vote taken until just prior to Tampa which is why there was no public fuss before HB.

jj igotcha

Apr 20, 2005
edge of reason
Visit site
so what was the verdict in tampa, did the powers that be have anything to say to the tigers, i noticed that there nice new shiny kit still had london prominently displayed, or is a sleeping dog being left to lie and they will just be listed as tigers for the rest of the season?