Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nicky T training vid.

bulldog2k

His way of snap shooting...

So you're side-on to your target and effectively bending 'forwards' at the waist?

I've always been taught to be facing the target and 'lean' (snap) sideways (like they're doing on the sofa) - but that doesn't seem to be what he's talking about with drawing a line through your end of your toes so that it points at your target..?

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by bulldog2k
His way of snap shooting...

So you're side-on to your target and effectively bending 'forwards' at the waist?

I've always been taught to be facing the target and 'lean' (snap) sideways (like they're doing on the sofa) - but that doesn't seem to be what he's talking about with drawing a line through your end of your toes so that it points at your target..?
*ahem cough cough*

http://paintball.com/features/robbo.cfm

It depends who you listen to i guess. Robbo's school of thought where it all comes from the upper body moving (elbow into chest as Mr T says) or Dynastys way of doing it where most of it comes from their legs.

I just do what feels right.....which seems to be a horrible monster i've created by merging the two :D

Orifice

N0o0ooo0b
Sep 9, 2004
Manchester, UK
just got this DVD the other day, watched it a couple if times now!

the DVD itself is for new players, anyone whose been playing a while might not be too awestruck about this DVD, since it covers everything in the simpler terms for new players, since complex theory and stuff wouldnt make sense to people who havent been on the field to many times i guess.

Hopwever, he does cover all the bases well enough so if youre a total nub (like me) that you wont be asking stupid questions, which i hope wont make tolerable enough to avoid a slap.

the parts he covers best are the drills and the technique behind mugging and using your bunker, as well as switching hands and the importance behind it. The practise drills he tells you about are also useful, since he incorporates them into the technique.

The part where he covers snap shooting helped me out a lot, since a visual aid on how exactly to be positioned as well as timing was great.

the DVD paves the way for a second one which will be coming out towards the end of the year, so together, im sure they will cover a wealth of information which would be useful for the players.

there were parts that will be in the second one, such as in depth strategy and complex codes, as he simplified them in this DVD and stated that it will be more in-depth in the future volume.

an irritating thing in the DVD is that when you hit the play all button, part way through positioning it just skips back to menu, so its impossible to watch the whole thing in order, however, you can select each scene from the menu anyway, so it doesnt matter.

it really drives home the common mistakes and as long as you pay attention, itll help you out a lot, since you wont have to make the mistakes on the field that he could have told you in 45 mins.

dont let your non-baller mates watch the dodging practise, because theyll get it in their heads its ok to mow you down with your own marker, then try inviting themselves to the next time you want to go practise, make a date for the time youre buying your marker, then volunteer to buy paint to mow you with. now im questioning their loyalties!