Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Night time paintball?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Is there such a thing as luminous paintballs for night games?
Yes - ultraviolet activated
It came out back in the old days and returned a few years back with night and underground games
It's also (usually) permitted at some clear paint games, such as copehill down training area has clear paint games and uv paint is allowed

They need a uv light as an activator either as an add on attached to the barrel (which can be bought or hired) and uv lights in hoppers. If I recall correctly there was a commercial uv hopper but they are more likely to be a home mod these days. (Even using uv lights instead of eyes in the right mode halo) A couple of people have made uv boxes to insert in a hopper

Jan 5, 2016
Pretty cool tom,because the ball passes so fast through a barrel attachment I presume a light in the hopper would charge the balls better,does the fill glow too or is it just the shell?

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
The answer to is there an Iluminated Paint is yes, Years back , I went to a night game Just outside Eastbourne in the woods, we all thought this was going to be the Cats whiskers playing this, Having a torch at the end of a stick trying to fend off the other shooters in a different direction , anyway , We soon found out that to be IMPALED was the easiest thing in the world Playing Paintball in the Dark, I do NOT recommend this to anybody, Sup-Air under floodlights is one thing, Woodsball is quite another !!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Pretty cool tom,because the ball passes so fast through a barrel attachment I presume a light in the hopper would charge the balls better,does the fill glow too or is it just the shell?
Yes - the whole fill will glow
How well they glow does depend on the amount of light it's had to get going
If just relying on a barrel activator it does work well considering it's only subject to the uv for a fraction of a second
In between games I've poked a uv torch in the hopper

....... Woodsball is quite another !!
Never a truer word by Bluey there!
In the woods with tree roots, holes in the ground, trigger happy paintballers ....

I'm bad enough falling over in daylight, in the night I'm a disaster

I think I've only played one woodland night game (if twice then it was the same venue) that was a dusk game and I stuck more to the field
I even walked into a pallet before the game started, (but everyone else walked around so it was just me being blind)

Terrorpin

Apr 30, 2008
Type it into YouTube you can see some places let you do a night game using glow in the dark paint.
I think the skill level goes down and the danger goes up, sure it fun though.