Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nitro, or CO2?

Freunlaven

Apr 6, 2002
MA
www.wakkosworld.cjb.net
I've been looking to gte more into paintball. In shopping, I've noticed that most guns will run on C)2, or Nitro. The gun I was looking into was the Spyder TL Plus, but in doing some research I discovered there was more involved in upgrading it to run on Nitro. Is this true? How hard is it? How much improvement will I get running off Nitro?

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
gas

well c02 has velocity spikes due to the changind from liquid to gas and n2 doesnt. if u get a n2 system u should have no velocity spikes. n2 systems along with air can cost a good amount spider tl plus is a sort of low end marker so id stick with c02 but if u upgrade to n2 u wont have those velocity spikes so your shots will be more consistant but im pretty sure ud need a regulater if u got a n2 system

chandler

Apr 7, 2002
new paltz ny
Visit site
if ur gonna buy a spyder buy a amg deluxe its about a hundred dollars more and is ten times better it can compete w/ ur higher end guns at a cheaper price then later on buy a n2 tank

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
N2 can be done identically to co2 in terms of just having to screw the bottle into the gun. Were I to be in your shoes right now I would get the nitrogen tank before anything else because you can use that with any gun that you'll want to get now and in the future. Go ahead and do it. It'll be worth saving you a lot of trouble in the short run and the long run, and you'll have more fun in the meantime.

Freunlaven

Apr 6, 2002
MA
www.wakkosworld.cjb.net
KIller,
That's what I was thinking, but I saw somewhere that the spyder's weren't setup to take N2. That there were some other modifications needed first. If that's true, should I find a gun that will take N2 right out of the box, or are the mods easy (and cheap) to do?

Manning26

Freunlaven, there are no modifications necessary to run compressed air on your Spyder. Pre-sets have the same operating pressure as CO2, so no worries there, an adjustable tank isn't necessary.

I think whatever you may have read about mods for Spyders was probably in reference to the old, old Spyders. I think they recommended a low-pressure chamber, just to be certain there was enough air to re-cock the gun.

Hope that helps, Bud.:)