Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No Americans in Europe 2003 season...

go-one

We may or may not see a drop in the number of pros comming over but I bet you see more Am & Nov US teams. After speaking to a few at toulose they were well impresed and even if they only come for one leg for the overseas experience theres plenty of teams to do it !

As for the russians, if the don't win a leg this year they'll probably change sport or something !

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Bobvannes
Aaaahh, but there will be X-Ball on your side of the pond this year.
There will be yes, and it's not final yet that the Yanks won't be coming across, it's all still in the balance at the moment and is dependant upon a couple of things that will be resolved by this time next week...we'll see what way certain people wanna jump when push comes to shove :)
At the moment the proposal on the table is a half-hearted integration bought about by the problems that some promoters might have in providing an exclusive X-Ball field.
I am of the opinion that if us Euros are going into it, then for us to be anywhere near competitive with the Yanks, we have to concentrate on X-ball as a team and not just as an addendum to a Millennium 7 man tournament and having to play both.
Just my opinion u understand :)
Robbo

go-one

From what I've heard having spoken to some guys who marshalled the cup and spoke to both pro's and the college teams that played X-Ball, it will stay as the 'franchised' pro teams tourny, a premier league if you will, due to it being F***ing expensive !!! I can't remeber the figures on paint useage but if your paying for it yourself you best be a russan banking magnate or your not be able to play X-ball once a month let alone PSP NPPL MIL etc etc.

So, for everyone bar the 150 or so @ the top its best sticking to 7 man and keep XB for that one off experience ! and the showcase of the pro's.

If the whole thing go's down the franchise route (which it apears to be) then robbos wish to concentrate on XB will require those players to be part of a franchise set up anyway ! I actually like the way this may go, with a parrallel to kissball in that we could see a Nexus reserves / 1st team, U21 program etc etc holding trials as the kissball clubs do now.

The only difference to kissball tho is the have nots will be playing a different game ! unless the price of XB (read paint) drops considrably. I also forsee a problem with scheduling etc. from the timings mentioned for XB, how many fields would you need to run a tourny with the same no of teams as a leg of the Mil S or NPPL?, whilst ensuring the guys who flown from everyware get a decent amount of ball for there bucks. As I've never been to see XB (Stuck in europe) prehapse those in the know could comment !

Takedown

Sacramento XSV
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by go-one
We may or may not see a drop in the number of pros comming over but I bet you see more Am & Nov US teams. After speaking to a few at toulose they were well impresed and even if they only come for one leg for the overseas experience theres plenty of teams to do it !

As for the russians, if the don't win a leg this year they'll probably change sport or something !
If the us pro teams that are playing Xball do not come over as a team my guess is you will see a lot of the individual players jumping on with Amateur teams. There are definitely going to be more US Am teams going to Europe this year as well, you'll even see brand new teams with the sponsorship support to make the trip multiple times.

supair

Matt(sweatz) - Ex Swat uk
Jul 9, 2001
Up North, England
www.wardc.co.uk
sorry to be a downer, but i feel were gonna get it wrong. X-Ball is a good concept, but without going about it the right way, taking time, and not just jumping in so we dont miss the boat, i feel it could all be wasted. I wanna see paintball mainstream just as much as anyone else. But if we dont look after the interests of the grassroots players, the ones who without which we wouldnt have an industry at all, let alone an X-Ball franchise, then we are doomed for failure, or at the very least a long trip back to step one.

Ive aired my views about the way forward for paintball in the past so i wont labour on it again, but i will say, unfortunatly i dont think X Ball is the right thing for Europe right now. However, to all the people involved in trying to make it work over here, good luck.
Matt

D

duffistuta

There will only be 6 teams playing it, so it won't really make much of a difference to 99.9% of Euroballers anyway...