Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No Ego 12?

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
I honestly think this is a good thing mate, gives planet more time to improve on what is already a totally awsome marker..

I also love the fact that it will enable people get better prices for there markers and give me time to bed some in lol...

Thats pretty hard to do currently with one coming out every season :D

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
I honestly think this is a good thing mate, gives planet more time to improve on what is already a totally awsome marker..

I also love the fact that it will enable people get better prices for there markers and give me time to bed some in lol...

I totally agree mate;)

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
I also think as they plan to drop the Year Tag they could perhaps hold a competition each time one is due for release to name it..

This could be abit like Robbo's PRIME..

This way the winner not only could get a nice new shinney for nothing but be proud to have named apart of the planet legacy..

Jonathan i agree it would also be a good move for them but would they also perhaps try and reap the rewards.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Good point, Carl.

But given that DYE are diversifying into snowboarding, and given the state of the tournament paintball market and the economy in general, I wouldn't be surprised if this move by Planet is the result of talks between the main manufacturers.

So a similar move by DYE may be in the pipeline.

Getting out of the annual cycle of gun releases is a good thing at this time - it stimulates the market.

Like Robbo, Bob Long recently ran a competition to name his next marker.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Planet diversifying into other markets, as well.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
i figured the csl was the mid-step between an 11 and a future 12? or is it just an early release to keep us going for the next year?

I think it's a good thing though. Unless it's an obvious upgrade (ie from a 7 to an 11), it's a bit unnecessary buying a new gat every year for the -10% kickback and +5 bps on uncapped... This will allow ballers to spend their money on something else unheard of, like training for example :p

hkg_striker_force

Sep 28, 2008
Yes it's a good thing. But I was saving up the ego 12 SL version. The reason being that my birthday is on the 12/12 let's not mention the year lol. But oh well have to spend the money on something elese now. Hope their will be a ego 12 in a couple of month or years time. Just don't skip the number.

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Pretty much what everyone else has said, not only for advancement in markers as in genuine improvement in performance and efficiency and not just milled slightly differently, but also as someone else has stated, buy the time you have paid £900 to £1100 on a new marker, your pretty close to being out of date and the latest model is out, so yes im all for this movement.

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath

Absolutely agree with Carl on this.