Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No Nexus in Tampa?

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
No, that was directly said, unlike an implication. Aer they talking about this season, or next season? They are going to the states i assume, to play the NPPL? I thought they were already planning to play most of them. Or are we talking about US open XBall?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There are many things happening Stateside at the moment that directly affect teams who are at present electing to play in the EXL.

The success or rather existence of the EXL is directly dependant upon the state of the NXL.
The NXL's survival is directly dependant upon Dick Clark getting the NXL on TV.
He has given the NXL (in the proposed league format) an undertaking to get it on TV within 2 years.
What you have to ask yourself is this :- With three teams already having already left the NXL and more threatening to, is Dick Clark gonna have any teams left to film come the time he deems it ready to begin production?
The NXL players are pissed off now, they ain't gonna wait anything up to 2 years to start getting paid.
Also, the hammer's falling on teams who wish to qualify for the top 18 pro status in the NPPL putting even more pressure on the situation with the vast majority of Euro pros not even in the race.

And all the time the NXL is struggling to survive, the Euro EXL teams are spending huge sums and resources playing XBall and also compromising their chances to qualify for the NPPL pro status.
At the moment, it don't stack up I'm afraid.

I honestly believe XBall or a similar type format is the future for our sport but in the strictest sense XBall does not necessarily equate to NXL / EXL, and all the time Dick Clark delays production, that link will become even more strained.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
Were nexus not always commited to achieveing one of the pro topspots in next years NPPL?
Of course we were and that was always our plan, to be eligible for both NPPL and XBall inclusion.
That is why we played Huntington and will play Denver and so on.
If things went to plan then come the end of 2004, the team would presumably have had a choice between NPPL and XBall.

But I think European paintball extends beyond the interests of Nexus, Legion, Ton Tons and Joy because unless any of the other Euro teams can get their asses out to the last three NPPL's and also do another two ranking Millenniums, they are gonna be left behind come 2005.

Manning26

Originally posted by Booya39
it looks like the NPPL is going to have one hell of an Am bracket next year.
Don't you mean Division I?:rolleyes:

Yeah, and watch in awe as the Novi... er, Division II ranks swell with new teams formed by high-powered players. Anyone remember a team named Vicious? ;)

I think we'll definitely see this more and more in Div.II if the NPPL really does go ahead and knock some of the pro's down a notch.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
We're already seeing it in the PSP Xball brackets. With teams like Dynasty, Naughty Dogs and XSV in DI, a lot of teams that probably should be in DI are playing DII. It's a big step to go from playing rookies in DII to playing the likes of GZ Silver, Twisted and Fury in DII.