Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No padding?

Corben

Jul 19, 2002
Visit site
Ok so do you where padding and junk when playing?
I dont it. I like to use a very thin camo t shirt and my regular cargo pants. It hurts more when i get hit.. but it gives me more of a reason not to get hit. I think im a better player in turn.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Corben
Ok so do you where padding and junk when playing?
I dont it. I like to use a very thin camo t shirt and my regular cargo pants. It hurts more when i get hit.. but it gives me more of a reason not to get hit. I think im a better player in turn.
Knee/Shin Pads by JT
Elbow/Forearm pads by Dye
Throat Protector by JT
Gloves by JT

me not like pain! Not Big...Not Clever!

also professionally big dock off bruises on the arms and neck just don't cut it when you're presenting to a group of people!

:cool:

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
No padding!!

Hey - It almost doesn't hurt to get hit!!! Only times it hurt me bad was 2 in the stomach at point blank when bunkering an opponent (I gave him 3 in the chest first...)!! 1 in the groin when breaking at a tourney (which fortunately bounced) and 1 close range throat shot, which actually didn't hurt that much...

Only use for padding is so that you dont hurt yourself when moving and throwing yourself around in the terrain... If you play as frontplayer at tournament level or in very rugged areas I would recommend it - And I believe this is why people use it!!

Personally the only padding I wear is gloves, and perhaps my backward cap... (which is obviously because I'm a wuss!!) Once I played in Shorts, but suddenly the danish tornaments changed their rules... Damn them all!! :p

Pinky

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I think you'll find that tournament rules are very strict on the amount & type of protective wear a player can use. This is because soft padding e.g. layers of baggy tops etc don't just prevent pain, they also reduce the chance of a ball breaking. Millennium rules for example state that players can only wear one layer under their playing jerseys, which should be appropriate to the weather conditions (so no wearing 3 baggy sweatshirts in Toulouse in the middle of summer!:D )

Graham (Donkey's)

May 16, 2002
North East, UK
Visit site
I don't wear any pading because I feel that it would slow me down and I would not be able to move how I wanted as quickly.

But on the other hand it would stop that pain factor when you get hit from point blank :eek:

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
I think most of the padding worn by tourney players (knee/shins/elbow etc) is not worn to reduce the pain of being hit, but rather to save their appendages as they throw themselves into bunkers.

Bunker Monkeys love to slide in on their knees or bellys... come to think of it... most of the front players for our team seem to favour their faces.... :confused:

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Ditto on that - most painful things I've had at paintball have all been terrain related, plus I do a lot of crawling at rec games so gloves are very useful. Went through a patch of nettles at BG2K2 and it was stinging until the next morning, so they must spray them with steroids at Warped!

So gloves, kneepads (tree stumps are NOT your friend when you land on them) and a JT Tuffneck which weighs next to nothing and came in handy when Gotaboy put two in my jugular. :D

Graham (Donkey's)

May 16, 2002
North East, UK
Visit site
On a side note ......:D

My girlfriend and team member sitting next to me wants to know if padded bra's are illegal on the tourny circuit since your not allowed any type of "extra" padding.

Also she wants to know how they would check :rolleyes:

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
Padding

Originally posted by Graham (Donkey's)
On a side note ......:D

My girlfriend and team member sitting next to me wants to know if padded bra's are illegal on the tourny circuit since your not allowed any type of "extra" padding.

Also she wants to know how they would check :rolleyes:
Check out the 2002 Millennium Rules. Under the section on Protective Gear (5) note 5.16 states that male players can wear groin protection and female players may wear breast protection. As far as the nature of the protection i think it has to be in its original form & not modified...so i guess a padded t-shirt bra would be OK but stuffing it full of wadding or cotton wool wouldn't. Personally, and as a concession to Mr Guppy, I wear a JT chest protector which i have cut down a bit, whenever I ref or play. On the downside, it gets very hot in summer so i often end up playing with just a vest with the said chest protector. Still, better bruised arms than boobs!;)As far as checking, i guess your girlfriend hasnt played tourny-ball or she would be aware of the full body search performed on field at the start of each game by the Ultimate Judge. But then i cold be kidding....