Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No padding?

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
It would give you more of a reason not to get hit if you played without goggles too. Just how good do you want to get? If you're into pain, play in a leather thong and no gun, that way you'll get your fill everytime.:D

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I only wear knee pads for protection, but after playing in a field with a lot of tall dry grass a couple of weeks ago I am considering getting something for my forearms. It was so hot I just had a tee shirt on and crawling through the grass on my belly to sneak from one bunker to the next just tore my forearms to shreads. Other than saveing my forearms I would rather have a bruse than wear extra clothing when it is 90+ degrees F like it is here in CA most of the time in the summer.:(

Rob Lloyd

Dan Legon
May 4, 2002
BIG DAN'S GARAGE
Visit site
In the way of padding top of the list its definatly worth investing in some knee/shin pads esspecially if your chucking yourself about alot,I didn't used to wear pads and never thought it was essential, until I hurt myself one-day (ooppps) and now I wouldn't be without pads, Its a whole heavy weight of my mind, and I seriously recomend you do yourself justice and invest in some pads, If your worried about sizes check out www.ravenusa.com they sell a wide range of equipment including
knee/shin pads adjustable to any size for those funny shaped people.

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
yer all pathetic. I'm 15 an i just wear some trousers (not padded) and a playin top. There is no need for all the fancy crap like neck protectors, gloves or boxes cause paintballing doesn't hurt. The onl thing i am going to get are some knee and shine pads, not for paddin but for support cause i pulled the same muscle in both knees playing on sat and sun.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Dude, you dont need to try and be big...those gloves, boxes and protectors are there for a reason...not for the pain, but protection when falling over, protection against cuts ect ect......

If you dont want kids thats your choice, but other people do...also, its quite dangerous to take a direct hit to the neck due to the many nerves and arterys going through it.

Play safe :D :D

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by How
yer all pathetic. I'm 15 an i just wear some trousers (not padded) and a playin top. There is no need for all the fancy crap like neck protectors, gloves or boxes cause paintballing doesn't hurt. The onl thing i am going to get are some knee and shine pads, not for paddin but for support cause i pulled the same muscle in both knees playing on sat and sun.
Mate I think you'll find that most of the knee/shin pads on the market will offer you NO protection for strains and pulled muscles at all.

As to the "I'm 15 and play without padding" well more fool you. It ain't big and it ain't clever, it certainly ain't something to make a big thing about. Maybe when your testes drop and there's something to shoot you'll realise how important a box, or a good baggy pair of pants are.

As to the rest, I'm not risking a shot to the throat again. I got hit there from close range by one ball years ago and I could hardly speak for a week, it left a lump the size of a 10p looked awful and I was in pain the whole time until the swelling went down. Imagine that with the number of balls being chucked in the same time frame and you've got a potential for a serious injury.

Paintball does hurt, it can be dangerous and wearing adequate protection is not "pathetic" it's sensible, you wear goggles don't you?

:(

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
knee pads for support

the knee pads woud support my knee support cause when i play with i it always comes down or rips. Anyways i am investing in some riding undies (built in box) as i always seem to get hit in the balls at least once a month. Other than that you dont need padding cause it doesnt hurt much. Ok it might sting a bit whe you get hit at close range, but not for long.