Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No padding?

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
ouch

actually padding doesn't always stop painn. i found that layers made it hurt more because they all bounce. but bounces r good.;)

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
knee pads for support

Originally posted by How
Anyways i am investing in some riding undies (built in box) as i always seem to get hit in the balls at least once a month.
Try to keep your legs together... :D Sorry!!

I would definately reckommend KneePads when playing in da woods... Because of the rough terrain you could really be hurting your knee(s)!!

Besides KneePads a NeckProtector is the only padding I find reasonable, as it really does hurt getting hit - And in a tourny there really is flying paint your way!!

Pinky

Subterfuge

Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
Heh the entire time I played paintball I always wore a t-shirt (for speedball) or a thin camoflauge shirt (for rec-ball). I do recommend gloves though because blood can get sticky on the trigger. As for protecting my jewels, I make sure my body is sideways to my target close range.
I never got hit in the throat before. Maybe because I have a full facemask and make sure my head is looking down at the target not up at it. I always thought throat protecter would encumber your head movement.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
knee pads for support

Originally posted by How
the knee pads woud support my knee support cause when i play with i it always comes down or rips.
D'you want to argue with my doctor on this?

If you want support for knees you'll need tubi-grip or neoprene tubing style sports supports. I know I use them!

Oh and pay attention in biology, you have no muscles in your knees. You have ligaments and tendons joining from your thighs and calves. I know this because I got medically discharged out of the army thanks to my knees. I know all about them, my MO told me in great detail!

None of the knee pads I've seen or used in paintball will give you any lateral or tangential support. They'll stop you shredding your knees or shins when sliding, but until they give you very tight all round support they're useless for what you're on about. Your knee supports will still fall down even if you can fit them under your pads.I know I've tried, the tubigrip (right knee) and patella support (left knee), end up all round my ankles when sliding/playing. The patella support pad cost my £45+ and is useless. Plus none of these things stop you tearing/strainining ligaments.tendons, different type of injury, if it's that bad I suggest you see a doctor as you'll cripple yourself.

want to play some more?
;)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Best think I ever found for knees were supports/pads made by a company called Smiths. Can't even remember where I got them from (this WAS about 12 years ago!) but I know it was a paintball supplier. Basically they're neoprene supports that go well above & below the knee and have a sort of horseshoe of padding that both gives extra patella support plus extra protection when you kneel down. You can wear them under "proper" knee/shin pads as well. You can ask Sparklie or one of the chicks just how good they are as they've both had knee trouble recently & borrowed mine.
If anyone has any idea if anyone still sells them we would love to know! Mine won't last forever unfortunately :(

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
Cube- i need some knee pads to hold up my knee support (because i hav a strained knee). I want some knee pad to stop them ripping, do you understandhat i do i hav to make it any simpler?

Liz-cheers for the help,ill ast some dealers like TVL. I normally dont trus anything that comes from them, but how cn a knee support go wrong?

Cube

May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by How
Cube- i need some knee pads to hold up my knee support (because i hav a strained knee). I want some knee pad to stop them ripping, do you understandhat i do i hav to make it any simpler?
How, you said you want knee pads to sort out your knees. I said they don't work.

You said you want to hold your knee pads up. I said they won't do that.

Don't try to make me look a to££ser because you have no ability to explain yourself.

I've got one knackered knee with distended cartlidge and one with ligament damage due to the other knee. As I said my MO discharged me 'cause of this.

Your whole original message was basically "I'm 15 and too well hard to wear padding" now it's down to knees which you have amply proven that you have no idea about.

Knee pads WILL NOT hold up your knee supports, if you need them to do so you haven't got the right supports, or the supports will not work with the sport you have chosen. As well as the army I gave up handball, (with 3 GB and 4 England caps), because my knees couldn't handle it. If this is the case it's time to quit

Like I said if it's that bad at 15 you need to speak to your doctor. If the supports do the job then you need to change your game, or give it up before you spend the rest of your life on crutches.

Is that a bit dificult for your "well hard" brain to grasp!!!!!!

~end signal~
:mad:

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Cube - Is there no way to combine the tubigrip style support and the knee pads? Have you tried (and yes i know it sounds stupid) stiching them together? Or if as you said the condition of your knees is permanent then what about stiching them onto your playing trousers?

Cube

May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Munkeh
Cube - Is there no way to combine the tubigrip style support and the knee pads? Have you tried (and yes i know it sounds stupid) stiching them together? Or if as you said the condition of your knees is permanent then what about stiching them onto your playing trousers?
tried loads of different ways.

Best thing I've found is tubigrip, padding, trousers and deal with the hassel of pulling up the tubigrip.

Besides my doctor keeps telling me that the best way to sort it is exercise, just don't tell him what the "exercise" entails;)

He's a nice old bloke but he'd probably have a fit.

If you've got serious knee damage the only thing available is suport for the knees, (which won't sort out How's pulled muscle syndrome), or an operation.

Mines been OK with exercise and support to where the doctors told me it's down to wear and tear now and I can start being serious again. But believe me getting to 2 miles of a 3 mile BFT and starting to hobble isn't fun.

How sort it out now or spend your 20's in pain like I did!