Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No padding?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
As someone once told me...and i think that 'How' should take special note of this...!!!

" better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid.....than to open it and remove all doubt "

Cube - have you ever thought of being a lawyer ??? you were both thorough and ruthless in your dealings with How!!!!! I think you would make an excellent prosecution lawyer !!! ;)

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
This depends upon the conditions!
If its swelteringly hot I will be in my T-Shirt, I love pain!
However if its pissing it down and I don't want to get cold I'll wear as much as I can, baggy clothes also stops the balls bursting HeHe.
Also if it restricts movement I won't wear it as I always seem to get myself in tight spots!

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Knees

Sorry not like im jumping to how's defence or anything but...

D'you want to argue with my doctor on this?

Yep i will ill argue all day

If you want support for knees you'll need tubi-grip or neoprene tubing style sports supports. I know I use them!

Rubbish, tubigrip is no better than a sticking plaster for support of joints, its only effect is to incerase the pressure in the tissues and so reduce subcutaneous swelling (slightly) in swolen areas. It has minimal efect on joint effusions.
Neoprene supports are slightly better as the provide a little more resistance to movement, however the tube types are the worst of the bunch only the articulating (these are the ones with metal hinges in them) type have been of proven benefit in reducing symptoms long term even then they have little effect on disease progression.

Oh and pay attention in biology, you have no muscles in your knees. You have ligaments and tendons joining from your thighs and calves.

MMM oh dear advanced biology on the way, tendons are an effector unit of the muscle involved they are therefore concidered part of the muscle, you do therefore have muscles around as part of your knees. You do not have any ligaments joining from your calves or thighs, a ligament is a fibrous piece of tissue which connects two bony surfaces. .

I know this because I got medically discharged out of the army thanks to my knees. I know all about them, my MO told me in great detail!

all in all how wears something which makes him more comfortable playing, which is the exact same effect as tubigrip, which you advocate, his doctor i am sure would support him in this as symptom control whether from placebo or not is worthwhile.

ligamentous problems do not get better without operative intervention which is performed if symptoms warrant it they dont always, cartilagenous injuries are much more common and may also be treated operatively as day case again not always needed i have had a meniscal tear since i was 16 and playing rugby no way am i having a GA for that.

BTW if your doctors so bad, ask for a second opinion or get him/her struck off. If your knees are as bad as you say they are at 15 you won't be walking by the time you're 25 without some form of medical intervention.

firstly how is he gonna get his doctor struck off, you dont get struck off for giving answers people dont want to hear, you get struck off for many reasons but all involving serious professional misconduct, not because some 15 year old kid thinks you are a ****er.

secondly you have no factual base for the second statement, partial ligamentous tear, not gonna stop him walking at 25 but hurts a lot when acute. Bucket handle meniscal tear, hurts like buggery when you do it and if you trap the handle but again not progressive and wont stop you walking.

please let how be entitled to his opinion, if he wants to play without padding thats his choice, he may change it on his own once he has a little more experience of life ... and paintball

knee pads are a must.....but then i am talking as a guy who has been unlucky enough to smash his knees up on the field........my doc thinks they should be ok with time but its been 3 months now and i get pain come and go through the week.the last few tourney ive played ive had to take anti-inflams.....not nice for some one whos never had a sporting injury. get them pads its only a few quid or buck........you only have 1 set of knees look after them....................:(

GrizzlyBear

Jun 23, 2002
Newfoundland, Canada
Visit site
Ankle supports

Hey, for those of you that Know the NPPL rule book, What does it say regarding Ankle support. I know that when i play i need to wear an ankle brace on my left everytime i play and sometimes on the right as well due to cronic ankle injuries and weak tendons.

Also i was wondering if any of you play with these just to avoid rolling your ankle while playing, or if u use something else, like hi-top sneakers.

Diggie

Great Balls of Styrofoam
Yeah I wear hi-top Puma soccer cleats. They're a bit daft but do the job well enough. I tried JT's E-motion shin pads but due to my Ant-man sized legs the strapping would cut against my uh "knee-pits" if you will, so I'm looking for something a lot more comfortable for small fries like me. Any 5-foot, buck-50 weighing chunks of huggable charm out there who has kneepads they really like?

I do wear the neoprene elbow pads from JT though. They keep my elbows from stripping up when Supermanning.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I usually use lightweight walking boots for playing in. They're flexible enough, grip well on grass, cope with virtually all muddy woodland sites & most importantly give my ankle great support. My biggest problem is finding boots that give that necessary support but don't rub on the scar tissue on the inside of my left leg that runs 3-4 inches up from the ankle:(