Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

noobie question....

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Alright so i've been playing for a few years and up until now have only ever come into contact with pre set regs etc.
Just got my grubby mits on a micro flo and stacko set up and am a little unsure as to how tight I need to do the thing up to make it safe before airing up?
Does it only need to go as far as the threads will let it go and the compressed air do the rest to 'lock it' on? or do I need to give it some extra torque and tighten it up more?
Also, are there any safety aspects I need to be aware of such as bits of $hit getting in the bottle etc?

Most of this is common sense and I think I know all the answers but in light of recent events I figure its best to double check to stay on the safe side:)

Cheers chaps

-ChEf

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Hand tight is recommended.

You shouldn't worry about getting crap in your tank as you should always have 1000psi in a stako anyway, so your tank shouldn't be removed from the reg once installed, also on first filling from empty, fill very slowly, fill 1000psi at a time with a break to let the bottle cool and sqeeze any air out that had been trapped in the bottle.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
As for making sure it's clean I can't really speak about that as I know nothing, but fill to 1000 leave fro a few mins, fill to 2000 leave for a few mins then fill to 300 etc etc.....

Stako bottles shouldn't be removed from thge reg once it is installed (the plastic liner and all that) Keep it pressurised all the time this is what most of the kaffuffle (what a word, think it's spelt wrong but what a word!) about the leaking through the fibre wrap is a bout, if you keep it under pressure air won't be trapped between the layers.

Install it hand tight, do it ASAP to prevent crap getting into the bottle and keep the reg on, don't know about you but theres usually some sort of oil in my kitbag, depending what I've got in there my tank usually stays on my gun anyway (I use presets), most kitbags have room to keep your tank on the gun whilst it's in there, if not, just unscrew the 2 rail set screws and remove.

Follow what I have said for initial filling (you don't have to do this every time, just when filling from empty, so should just be the once.)

As I've probably said 4 times in this post alone don't empty it (1000 psi ish kept in) leave the reg on there.

Balf

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
stakos are a fiber wrap bottle with a ballon inside iim not mistaken. You Really need to fill them slowly, filing them to fast can cause hot spots Rare but still dangerous... so fill at 1k at a time and then leaev for a minute then another 1k Ect and personally id onlyever fuill to 3k but thats just me...

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
For crying out loud after everything thats happened there are still people who advise what they think, not what they know!

The Stako bottle has a plastic type liner instead of the more common metal type, The manufacturer claims that it is normal for the liner to trap air between the liner and the fibre wrap.
When you then fill up from empty you may see the phenomenon where air is seeping from the fibre wrap, very off-putting but according to the manufacturer is acceptable!
It is advised that on initial fill (or any time from empty) the first 1000psi is filed very slowly and you then wait a short while before continuing, it is also advised that it is stored under positive internal pressure (to stop the liner from coming away from the fibre wrap and to stop the above phenomenon from occurring) anything over 20psi is fine.
The bottle must only be filled with breathing quality air so you should ask to see the certificate of air quality from whoever you are filling from.
The Bottle is NOT rated to 4500psi (just under in fact) so you will find that professional suppliers set there systems to deliver at the correct rate so it does not exceed that rating.

As you want to connect it to a Smart Parts Micro Flow, legally you will have to follow the instruction in the product manual issued by that company http://www.smartparts.com/Manuals/Max-Flo_Micro.pdf
Strangely they make a product for individual players and then say those same players can not fill it unless they are a suitably qualified person!
They do not say what what the recommended torque is for the bottle/reg but the slightest difference in what it should be to what it is severely weakens that connection.
Send a email to smart parts technical and ask them what it is, or better still send both parts to them and let them fit them together as I truthfully do not know any suitably qualified personal outside of H-Pac.
Of course there are more I just do not know them.

Russ