Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

noobie question....

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
With all respect Russ I am a qualified Smart Parts tech, I have the certification not just worked on gun for a bit so decide to call myself a tech.

The reccomendation for fitting a bottle to a micro max-flo regulator is hand tight, I have said this a few times.

As for posting what I "think I know" I posted part of my post saying I was unsure and gave no advice on the matter as it is a subject where mis-information is potentially lethal.

Your post may have not been aimed at me but I felt it may have been so responded.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
The reccomendation for fitting a bottle to a micro max-flo regulator is hand tight, I have said this a few times.
My point is hand tight is not a term used in HP Air, every ones hand tight will be different and the strength of the screwed connection changes drastically with every foot pound of torque used.

I must admit I did not see the term hand tight in the manual.

You was right I was not aiming anything at you, you said 1000psi not 20 psi plus but that is a minor thing.

The truth is if you do a search on this (or most other forums) the correct information about HP air is lacking to say the least.

Russ

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
My point is hand tight is not a term used in HP Air, every ones hand tight will be different and the strength of the screwed connection changes drastically with every foot pound of torque used.

I must admit I did not see the term hand tight in the manual.

You was right I was not aiming anything at you, you said 1000psi not 20 psi plus but that is a minor thing.

The truth is if you do a search on this (or most other forums) the correct information about HP air is lacking to say the least.

Russ
Your right it's not in the manual, which is both lacking and disturbing to say the least, hand tight is different for everyone, Tom posted up 50 n/m which I'll take as right for "hand tight" it's a hard thing to put a numerical value on and shouldn't be used in HPA.

It's hard to read 20psi on a 0-6000psi gauge ;):D:D.

HPA info is lacking, I think Trev needs to get a cape on to become HPAC MAN to get "down wid da kidz"

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Your right it's not in the manual, which is both lacking and disturbing to say the least, hand tight is different for everyone, Tom posted up 50 n/m which I'll take as right for "hand tight" it's a hard thing to put a numerical value on and shouldn't be used in HPA.

It's hard to read 20psi on a 0-6000psi gauge ;):D:D.

HPA info is lacking, I think Trev needs to get a cape on to become HPAC MAN to get "down wid da kidz"

Whatever the figure is, as long as it has come from Smart Parts and not well meaning people (truth is I would trust Tom's judgement sooner than my own but well meaning or qualified I don't know) but we also have the other concern about who should fill it - this is not a pop at SP because they all say it (well nearly all)

Russ

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Whatever the figure is, as long as it has come from Smart Parts and not well meaning people (truth is I would trust Tom's judgement sooner than my own but well meaning or qualified I don't know) but we also have the other concern about who should fill it - this is not a pop at SP because they all say it (well nearly all)

Russ
I think a lot of it may be covering of arse's so to speak.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
this does raise the question of Euro players ? who fly abroad and regularly unscrew there reg from bottle. should there be some sort of tightening rig at millennium's for players to re tighten bottles after flights ?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
topchef,

Is the reg the fixed output micro max-flow, or adjustable output max-flo reg? Tanks on micro max-flo's are designed to be installed hand tight to make them easily removable for flight baggage rules. The bottle on the adjustable max-flo is done up to a specified torque, but must not be loctited on to reg. This is the info I was given by the SP service centre in Kent.

Attachments

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
topchef,

Is the reg the fixed output micro max-flow, or adjustable output max-flo reg? Tanks on micro max-flo's are designed to be installed hand tight to make them easily removable for flight baggage rules. The bottle on the adjustable max-flo is done up to a specified torque, but must not be loctited on to reg. This is the info I was given by the SP service centre in Kent.

Its the fixed output micro max flow. So I guess its cool to tighten it by hand then?

-ChEf