Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Northern Quarter Newbie tournament

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
i'll put my name down for this now then, not really sure how much paint i'll use as it's the first tourny type event i'll be doing and my first time using an electro all day but i'm guessing a couple of boxes should do me fine and save having to lug any paint up on the way...

kit as long as nothing breaks/never starts working (touches wooden desk) i should be alright...

sorry but just to check would this event be suitable for people who haven't really played/played a single punter day as i know a few people who might be interested but i wouldn't want to drop them too far in the deep end and put them off...?

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
should be about 3 - 4 boxes per team i reckon depending on how many games you play.

based on 6 team event (play each team once, 5 games)
4 boxes = 8000 balls
/ 140 = 56 pots

each team uses 9 pots per game MAX
56 / 9 = 6.4 games worth of paint.

so more than enough with 4 boxes (based on 5 games played)
thats if you use all the paint in each game too.
so i reckon 4 boxes between a team - with the excess used perhaps in the morning drills or saved for another day.

Costs £45 team entry + 4x£25 / 3 = £48.

PS to people looking to enter i think its a good idea to buy paint as a team as that is the fairest way to do it.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Magnus 'Lovetone' Pike :p.

AFAIK - this 'tourny' is aimed at first-timers/tried it a couple of times.

For this to succeed, people who have played more than the odd time should really make this known to Markie from the start. That way you don't get a team of 'so-called' newbies ripping everyone else apart and walking away with any prizes/ego-boosts etc.

I only say this - because this has happened in KoTH before now (and no doubt, at other events).

Please don't spoil something that could be start of something wonderful - just because you like punter-hunting.

Apologies if I am speaking out of turn - but I am a firm believer (no pun intended) in this sort of event. One where everyone gets a chance shine.

Ta

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
should be about 3 - 4 boxes per team i reckon depending on how many games you play.

based on 6 team event (play each team once, 5 games)
4 boxes = 8000 balls
/ 140 = 56 pots

each team uses 9 pots per game MAX
56 / 9 = 6.4 games worth of paint.

so more than enough with 4 boxes (based on 5 games played)
thats if you use all the paint in each game too.
so i reckon 4 boxes between a team - with the excess used perhaps in the morning drills or saved for another day.

Costs £45 team entry + 4x£25 / 3 = £48.

PS to people looking to enter i think its a good idea to buy paint as a team as that is the fairest way to do it.

Ian you really are far too intelligent to be a baller :p

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Magnus 'Lovetone' Pike :p.

AFAIK - this 'tourny' is aimed at first-timers/tried it a couple of times.

For this to succeed, people who have played more than the odd time should really make this known to Markie from the start. That way you don't get a team of 'so-called' newbies ripping everyone else apart and walking away with any prizes/ego-boosts etc.

I only say this - because this has happened in KoTH before now (and no doubt, at other events).

Please don't spoil something that could be start of something wonderful - just because you like punter-hunting.

Apologies if I am speaking out of turn - but I am a firm believer (no pun intended) in this sort of event. One where everyone gets a chance shine.

Ta

damn there goes my ringer team "Team Love-to-own" :(

funny, when firm kidz first got off the ground we got largely berated for winning the masters div 4 and 3, yet we literally had only played one S2K6 event together 3 months prior, and ploughed all the effort into training. so technically we were noobs (to events) but not to playing paintball ;) ;)

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
dont let distance stop you guys

we came all the way from glasgow to play at the nq its a top quality site

ps: (and we didnt even get any stickers:O) i know ... *cries*