Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Not strictly pball but given last night's events...

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
>>>There should also be in most reasonable people's minds a fair distinction to be made between duly elected representatives and an existing state and an international band of radical terrorists. Just a thought.<<<

Amen.

RePete

Imature member
Goodness. It's a bit hard to find a specific piece of information in five pages of post...

Can someone do me a favour? Have there been any other sources of information other than the Guardian picking up on this thread, and if so can they point me towards it? I hate say it but the Internet is far too successful at someone posting a link and then world+dog taking it as gospal. NE1?

RePete

Imature member
Sorry. Should have looked before I asked. A search for "Paul Van Riper millennium challenge" on Google has revealed a little. Funnily enough none of the major, reputable news agencies. Just fringe stuff, but then search engines aren't perfect.

However, just a warning to some. Hopefully anyone who read the article, did a little further reading themselves before going "Oh really"...;)

soopaman luva

nolimit soulja
it's all about the oil thats all nothing more nothing less, y do u realy think they went into afghanistan??
would the fact that the big american oil companies wanting to run a pipe line through there have n e thing 2 do with it ??
look at iraq they have oil fields cant sell it though would'nt those same american companies proffit from a new iraqi leader one who wants to trade with the west ???
i did not come up with this i read it some where not sure where, but it was wrote by some yank b4 the 9/11 and he said then that the us would try and get hold of afghanistan then because of the above mentioned :confused:

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
It's nothing new really. Back in the 80's there was this huge combined operations training, consisting of two parts, operation Reforger and operation Sudden strike. The first part was to see how quickly the US could ship it's troops to Europe in case of a Warsaw pact invasion of Western Europe. The second part was to simulate the battle that would follow.
A number of NATO countries were given the role of the 'Bad guys', these included the UK, Germany, and Holland amongst others. Beforehand the agreement had been made that the 'Good guys' were to win the war. However, the baddies stomped all over the goodies, so an order was issued to the baddies that they had to lay off a bit, and they were no longer allowed to use their special forces (British SAS and Dutch SBS were rampaging through the goodies rear areas, causing untold damage by relaying vital information to artillery and aircraft).

Ain't war cool when you know you will win?

One thing though, don't expect too many Iraqis to do suicide runs on US materiel. It ain't their style, most of them are as unhappy with Saddam as the rest of the world. They're just not allowed to admit it.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Got my boy's back

Don't imagine too many would disagree with your sentiments but-- you have also done Jay a disservice as his remark was plainly addressed as irony with regards to the "pre-determined" outcome of a war game simulation mentioned in his first para. And not the way you used it.