Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Now that France is over...

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I was thinking a series of flags down the centre line of the field, say on the 0, 25, 50, 75, 100% marks.

The flags would be on weighted pivots so one end shows one teams colour the other end shows the other teams colour, by tipping the flag you can see who 'owns' that sector of the field. To start with you only own your base camp flag and get no points for owning this flag. You can then relate points for how long each zone is owned. You could see this as a rolling score on the corner of the screen... Obviously the flags further from your own base are worth more the longer you hold them. It would be easy to set up some electronics on the flags to see who owns each one and for how long... it could even have it's own set of LEDS/screen built into it. Once the flag in the opposition base is tipped you get a set bonus score (say double the points you have so far) and then the game resets. To stop teams loitering you will say they have 10 seconds to tip this final flag after the last elimination or they only get the points acrewed so far... and the game resets anyway.

Eliminated players immediately go to a sin bin type area, where they get cleaned up and pick up fresh pots and air. Obviously the last guy eliminated from a team needs time to refresh also so after a team gets the oppositions end zone there's a minute break... (note: the commercial break :) ) In total a game is played for 10 minutes of on field play time so it can be shown adequately on TV, (play time will vary depending on team format,) they always know how long a game will be in order to prep it for the big screen.

Obviously the winners are the team that tallies the most points. But it should also give teams the chance to fight back... especially if the teamks are close in skill... could be a hella competition...

It will mean more play time for everyone, lets face it we often spend a lot of money for only a few seconds time on the field (if we max or get maxed...) It will probably mean a lot more paint gets shot so it may turn out more expensive but if we shoot more paint the price of paint MAY come down... but heck if it's a TV format the paint will be paid for by someone else... :) That my friends is the whole point.

Hey Niall It wouldn't be hard to set up a demo type game at Campaign... ;)

I guess you can tell I have been thinking about this a lot :)

Comments please.

manike

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Message to Cuma

Many thanks for the offer of multiple women were I to take my life in my hands and make the trip to Turkey but you have forgotten two things, firstly, I can get multiple women anywhere, dude !!!, get real it's Robbo you are talking about here, the ultimate chick magnet.
Secondly, I don't think my 'wife to be' is gonna be too happy about the arrangement of me giving you guys a two week training course and as wages, I end up shagging half the female population of Turkey :)
It was nice meeting you guys !!!!
I can't believe you could all speak English so well !!!!
See Ya at Campaign Cup I hope
Laters
Pete

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Freddy Mercury

Wishful thinking Rancid ?

Any resemblence is purely co-incidental and in your head, best place for it is what I say, now get on and do some work and read that script and OK the video on Monday so the women of this world can feel closer to the Ultimate Hetro.
Robbo (Not Freddy, although that is my middle name believe it or not)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Hey Robbo, is the video of Toulouse worth buying? I'd probably want to get a copy to bring home to everyone if it does the event justice. No one back home is gonna believe how cool everything was unless I bring home some actual proof. (We all fantasize about having cheerleaders at our events and masses of gorgeous female fans watching our games while they wonder about our skill in bed being equal to that on the field...) I couldn't get all that many photos while there since my last roll of film ripped in half inside the camera :(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
KillerOnion

Hey, how are ya ?
The video I was referring to in that other post was not of Toulouse but another one which is pretty much under raps at the moment.
Glad u liked Toulouse, I tink pretty much everybody thought it was the best ever and u wont get no argument from me on that point.
Laters
Pete

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Doing pretty well, thanks. Nobody at home in the States is answering the fuggin email so I dunno if I can get my Cocker mailed over here in time for Sunday. Any chance I can borrow your OTP to play if mine doesn't get here in time? I really need the practice and really am itching to test out this new Armson 2 piece I picked up in Toulouse.

Cuma

Jul 11, 2001
Istanbul
turkishtigers.com
Message to Cuma

my apologies for the 'wife to be'. could be very fun that knowing I am a magnet of chicks too. I think we won't make it to Campain Cup since we did not make very well in Toulouse this year we need to practice more and more... anyway see you guys in the earliest tourney. and I also change my offer to a honeymoon trip in south of turkey.

:) :)