Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL comes to Germany?

markfenton

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2005
East Sussex
It's 570 euros more to enter into the pro div and less prize money....

you would think they would charge less to enter and more prize money, to make an impact.....

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
that explains this (from the NPPL website):

NPPL PRO Referee Course to be held in Germany

The NPPL is hosting an official NPPL P.R.O. Referee course in Berlin, GERMANY in the Paintballworld-Berlin. This dynamic course covers the art of officiating sanctioned NPPL events. Referees will gain knowledge on safety, positioning, rules, making the right call, paintball equipment support, protocol, and general guidelines for refereeing major tournaments.

What: NPPL P.R.O. Referee training course (2 day course)

When: Date: 5.and 6. of August

minimum amount of registered participants 30

Where: Paintballworld-Berlin, Gewerbegebiet am Bohldamm 12,

14959 Trebbin Website: http://www.paintballworld-berlin.de

Time: Registration begins Saturday morning at 9:00 am. The class will run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Sunday’s training begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm (be prepared to ref games both days)

Cost: €100.00 payable at the beginning of the class. This includes in-class training, on-field training, certificate, official I.D. Card, NPPL Referee T shirt, official NPPL rule book.

Referees must register in advance:

To register for the course please contact NPPL Headquarters at +1 (714) 536 9050 or email chuck@nppl.tv.

Krashok

Jun 15, 2006
Erfurt, Germany
www.rebirth-berlin.de
German NPPL Feeder Event

Ok news from Germany:

No location is booked until now (here you can have look which events are taking place there..ok it's german but do see the words paintball or NPPL ? i don't see anything listed between 23rd June - 23rd July 2006 and 29th September - 15th October 2006 :confused: )

No Bauer sponsoring right now.. :cool:

Dye and Boostair are the only sponsors from the paintball business ?! ..strange ..:confused:

2 German Teams were listed as registered teams.. I asked on this site which Allstars and which MIB that should be (names of the TCs or URLs from the teams) to avoid any confusion. Several minutes later this news disappeared mysteriously ..i think by the hand of the administrator :D

Lot's of misinformation on the site..of course the German paintballers are discussing about that event and there are some other rumors:

Mister "K" has asked German paintball business companies for sponsoring the nets and Supair fields ... that means he has NOTHING right now !

Further a story is going about that Dynasty and Joy don't know anything about their spots/registration for this event...can someone from Joy confirm that ? :)

I don't think that any German team will start this weekend caused by a huge lack of information, national leagues are on the same date and it's much too expensive for that what is offered..

That person has afaik no experience in organizing a paintball tournament..that's his first one... and then such a big event..it's not the US NPPL Organisation what we are talking about it's a guy who was 3..4(..whatever) days in the USA... for a PRO Ref training.

Should be almost impossible to find enough players who are willing to pay 100€ for NPPL P.R.O. Referee training course under this conditions...

I apologize in advance for any strange word/grammar constructions and/or mistakes.. it's late and I'm very tired.

thanks for your attention :)

mr S

Jun 20, 2006
1. NPPL has not enough good referees and " stupid " Europeans should pay 100,- ???:mad:
2. I think that NPPL referees should learn from S.O.P or EUROREFS. ( I prefer S.O.P.)
3. Do you think that 1 two day course will make you a mega super NPPL ref ??
4. It should be for free, to get there more people, and than choose the best of them.

Sorry for my bad English.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
I think it shouldn't be free, but it should be a damn sight cheaper that $100 :rolleyes:.
We should make it cheap, and get a large pool of refs, and then we can choose the best. -Not just have a select few who can pay for it, who might not even be any good.

I would want to take that course, but I don't have $100 around, on top of flights, etc.
Anyone want to sponsor me :rolleyes:. (jk)

Meh anyway.

Is there a training course for Mil refs?

PS NPPL in Europe; do we think this will make the Millennium up their game ;)?

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I´ve seen something about this supposively "NPPL feeder tournament" - I seriously seriously seriously (!) doubt this has ANYTHING to do with the NPPL - wouldn´t they have made something official themselves seeing that this would be their only european partner event this year?

I truly believe this is just some guy trying to earn money off of a well-known brand already established in the world of paintball - I could be wrong of course, and then I would have to eat my own words!

Basically most of the written stuff on there sounds like it´s been "snatched" right off a rental fields press-department - nothing wrong with that but it seriously doesn´t "smell" of a professional tournament - oh yeah excuse me - feeder tournament for one of the worlds biggest leagues?!!

I doubt it! ;)

Does anyone know the people behind this - there´s some contact details on the website?