Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL date for Boston......good bye Joy!

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
The decision sucks!

My position on hired guns notwithstanding, as long as it is within the rules to guest play, it sucks for the NPPL to pull a stunt like this to try and fcuk over the Millennium Series and all the US players that enjoy taking part.

I hope a lot of the affected US teams (or their players rather) will also think twice about supporting a series that so clearly demonstrates a lack of morals and poor business ethics.

Nick

daboss123

pbfashion.com
Mar 18, 2006
Europe
pbfashion.com
Keeping in mind i totally disagree with this i think it wasnt that much of a bad move from the NPPL. I mean, it completely fcuks the Millennium up and all this with the cost of ONE pro team for the NPPL.Not only teams in Campaign will be modified but also a couple vendors perhaps Really shows how the paintball industry is getting worse and worse....:(

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
The decision sucks!

My position on hired guns notwithstanding, as long as it is within the rules to guest play, it sucks for the NPPL to pull a stunt like this to try and fcuk over the Millennium Series and all the US players that enjoy taking part.

I hope a lot of the affected US teams (or their players rather) will also think twice about supporting a series that so clearly demonstrates a lack of morals and poor business ethics.

Nick
as if nick, as if...

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
On the one hand, at this point in the season, you probably don't have a lot of options when it comes down to precise dates and locations. If you want to be somewhere, you have to take the dates the have available. So NPPL may have been forced to choose between the location they wanted and not stomping Millennium's date and took the lesser of the two evils.

On the other hand, PSP changed the classification rules for Open this year so Joy could play XBall in Chicago, the 2nd largest paintball tournament on the planet.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Keeping in mind i totally disagree with this i think it wasnt that much of a bad move from the NPPL. I mean, it completely fcuks the Millennium up and all this with the cost of ONE pro team for the NPPL.Not only teams in Campaign will be modified but also a couple vendors perhaps Really shows how the paintball industry is getting worse and worse....
Not really - I don't think the MS will loose a single team on this account, to be honest :)

It is simply a stupid move publicity wise, that won't gain them anything.

Nick

Milky

Jan 20, 2004
www.ukasylum.co.uk
Magued that is a mighty brave decision as a pro team do IF you have to choose are there any contractual obligations to play all five NPPL's so do you need to send 7 guys to play the spot even if its not the CPL or SPL squad

If so i volunteer :D
Milky

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
NPPL dates

Hi Magued,

I can see why you're not happy with the clash of the dates, i believe i would feel the same, but wouldn't it be better for Joy and your sponsors to win the NPPL series rather than the Millennium.

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
Magued that is a mighty brave decision as a pro team do IF you have to choose are there any contractual obligations to play all five NPPL's so do you need to send 7 guys to play the spot even if its not the CPL or SPL squad

If so i volunteer :D
Milky
Me too Magued - We'll be the Machine Gun Crew :cool:

Milky

Jan 20, 2004
www.ukasylum.co.uk
Hi Magued,

I can see why you're not happy with the clash of the dates, i believe i would feel the same, but wouldn't it be better for Joy and your sponsors to win the NPPL series rather than the Millennium.
I might be wrong but i think its the principle if the millenium got there dates up first :confused: and the NPPL should have concidered it but i do think that they should play the NPPL rather than the millenium but what do i know ill go with Magueds experiance over mine

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
What i'm wondering is how teams like Bullets & teams with americans guesting for them will cope without their american guests.