Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL date for Boston......good bye Joy!

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
I would just LOVE to see Joy put in just ONE player for the event - just to mock the NPPL and make the whole thing a farce - and keeping their spot in the league at the same time.

Even better - get the other Pro teams to agree to just field ONE player against them.... it would certainly teach the NPPL a lesson about respecting the teams.

Nick
You can't win that game - NPPL just turns around and forces you to play with 3 players the next event since you can't add more than 2.

Nexus - Leigh

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
I would just LOVE to see Joy put in just ONE player for the event - just to mock the NPPL and make the whole thing a farce - and keeping their spot in the league at the same time.

Even better - get the other Pro teams to agree to just field ONE player against them.... it would certainly teach the NPPL a lesson about respecting the teams.

Nick
Nick - do you honestly think that this would teach the NPPL a lesson ? They have already demonstrated they don't give a crap.

If Joy were about to play a team that are in the bottom two or three spots in the series do you honestly think that the team are going to risk going up against a Joy guy on a one on one and probably lose the match, or would they send out more players and make sure they win that match ?

If every team did this then Joy would probably win the event !!!!

When Nexus were in the NPPL and were fighting to get out the drop zone, every single match counted so if you could make sure you were to beat the Joy guy by sending out a whole team or atleast more than one then you would do. When there's big pressure to stay in the league and every series point counts, the last thing on your mind is to "teach the NPPL a lesson".

Nice idea Nick and in an ideal world it would happen, but it's far from ideal and in this world points mean prizes.

Needless to say, this sucks the big one for Joy and I feel their pain. We will no doubt miss Mikko and Brandon for this event as I have a feeling they will be with the Ironmen.

Leigh - Nexus

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Nick - do you honestly think that this would teach the NPPL a lesson ? They have already demonstrated they don't give a crap.
It would teach them that when they do stupid **** - stupid **** happens :)

Anyway - I know a lot of teams would not go along with it - it was just a bit of fantasy.... but I still hope Joy does it.

Nick

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
I expect availability of the Gillette Stadium in Boston has a lot to do with this, much more so that the NPPL's 'not giving a crap'
We are talking about one or two teams here, and thats all the cross-over there is. I have more reason to dislike the clash of dates than anyone else on here, with the exception of Magued, but you don't see me getting all hissy about it.
It is an unfortunate clash of dates between 2 series that have extremely minimal crossover and completely different formats, not a fxcking conspiracy. If they puyt the date on the European Cup Final weekend it would cause more disruption.
Nick, I had a chick once that acted like you. A real 'drama queen'. Good in the sack though...
If you want to talk your crap about how unfair it is to have US pro's guesting in the MS, and then also want to bitch about them not being able to do so due to a clash of dates, I have to wonder whether you really care what you bitch about, or if its the bitching itself that floats your boat?
And before you spout off some more crap, I don't have anything to do with the NPPL and have no need to defend them. I just think you're being a little bitch and decided to call you on it.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Agreed..

It's not exacly hard to see that the nppl must consider the needs of its largest customer base first and foremost. The vast majority of teams are American and do not play both leagues. These teams want a good event at a good location, they don't give a damn if it fits with the Millennium.

Paintballers expect to hold the lightbulb up and let the room revolve around them to screw it in. You don't risk pissing off the largest portion of your customer base with a 2nd choice date and location just so it fits with a league most of them don't care about...

It's not exactly business 101 either, its common sense..

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Missy

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone, that you have a go at me any chance you get :)

Incidentally - two wrongs do not make a right, so I can perfectly well be annoyed about both things at once.... the fact that I find it immoral that SPL teams import NPPL Pros to play for them, does not mean I jump for joy when their main league makes an immoral move that precludes them from doing it.... it's called morals my man - look it up :)

I count 10-11 NPPL pro teams whos players are contractually obligated to both leagues.... and while it may not be a large number, in the greater scheme of things, you should know better than most, that if you piss off the Pro teams and they leave your league, it will pretty soon be relegated to secondary status.

Not saying anything that dramatic will happen over this - but stuff adds up over time.

Nick

Nick