Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL date for Boston......good bye Joy!

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Nick, I looked up Immoral, as requested, and it didn't say anything about making sure you don't have 2 events on the same date.
I understand morals, and what people might do that could be considered 'immoral', but I definitely do not think that the NPPL have shown a lack of either morals or ethics in any way, nor have they done anything that I honestly feel could be called 'immoral' or 'unethical'.

Therefore, unless the Danish/English dictionary has a different meaning for 'immoral', perhaps explaining it as an 'inconvenience caused' or possibly a 'bit of a pain' or even 'really annoying', then I must stand behind my own understanding of the word and what it means to me/the World.

The only Pro TEAM that has any right to be 'pissed off' is Joy, because this is twice, and it truly sucks for them, especially as they are on the brink of dominating Pro Paintball on both sides of the Atlantic. I don't know who the other 10 teams are out of only 18 pro teams, but I assume you meant a few individual players, in which case I do not believe the team they play for in the US will be too annoyed at all, it does not effect their team, thier reputation, status or ranking.

....and Nick, I'm not having a go at you personally, just at some of the crap you write. Even you must think that 'Immoral' is 'a bit of a stretch', the same way that GWII was 'a bit of a blunder'

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
And Nick, before you make more assumptions, I actually support you on the subject of importing US players from higher ranked teams than your own, although I don't consider that practice to be particularly 'immoral' either, just unfair.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
....and Nick, I'm not having a go at you personally, just at some of the crap you write. Even you must think that 'Immoral' is 'a bit of a stretch', the same way that GWII was 'a bit of a blunder'
Well ok - I'll accept that - then let's agree that this is "a bit of a blunder" instead ;)

Maybe the NPPL can imploy some decendant of Neville Chamberlain to sort things out? :p

As for the 10 teams - ofcourse their teams will play the NPPL - but internally, it has to suck that their players are forced to forego commitments to their Euro teams... and at least the Philli Americans, Naughty Dogs and Ironmen are hard hit by this..... but ok - probably the sensitivities of Smart Parts and DYE are not on the priority list of the NPPL ownership ;)

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
And Nick, before you make more assumptions, I actually support you on the subject of importing US players from higher ranked teams than your own, although I don't consider that practice to be particularly 'immoral' either, just unfair.
Dude - we better stop talking nice like this - people will think they have landed in some weird alternate universe :D

So - fcuk off :p

Nick

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Yes, I'm off to get some taco's, with extra morals on the side. Totally immoral of me of course, as I find burgers more ethical, but they go straight to my thighs.:cool:

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
I expect availability of the Gillette Stadium in Boston has a lot to do with this
Just because I can't resist the opportunity to be a smartass, I need to point out that availability of Gillette Stadium had absolutely nothing to do with the decision. Maybe the availability of the Brockton County Fairgrounds did though...

Two things I think deserve consideration:

One: Was there no other location anywhere else in the country on a different weekend that the NPPL could have used for a venue? OR is there something just so darn special about this location that NPPL needed this particular weekend? I have a tough time believing NPPL was 'forced' into this date/locale.

Two: If you decide to import a player who plays 10 events a year in the US, you need to factor in the chance that one of those 10 events will be on the same weekend as one of the events you want them for. And if you didn't see that as a possibility, the only one to blame for that is yourself. Just because you WANT to use US Pro players doesn't mean the world owes it to you to make it easy to do so.

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
1. If I were against hired guns and lower division guesting, i would kinda be happy that those guys / teams wouldn't be able to do it for an event?

2. This decision isn't just pissing off joy and the other players, im sure the new NPPL have lost support and fallen from their position as the all-mighty turf giving - webcast providing - do gooders that they were.

3. If they have only just announced the dates, wouldn't that indicate they had only recently begun discussing them with the venues? I'm no event organiser but wouldn't you expect the biggest (ish) tournament series to have gotten their dates sorted before the others?

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Whether the Gillette stadium availability was actually instrumental in the Date decision I don't know. My point was that it is far more likely to be the reason for the date-clash than what everyone else was saying.
and in answer to your question, yes, I think it is important that the Gilette stadium is used again. More important to the players in the NE than anyone else possibly, but important nonetheless.
The Boston event was, in my opinion, one of the best of the 06 season, and that venue is a terrific one for the NE teams. Much better than any fairgrounds, thats for sure. The League, given the choice of switching locations and going into unknown territory, or opting for a proven and tried venue with a successful track record and enduring a date clash with the MS, have made the right decision in my opinion. They made the decision that was best for the NPPL, and the vast majority of its teams.

None of ths makes it easier for Joy, and I am thier biggest fan, but does the decision make sense? Yes it does. Were they 'forced'? I don't know, but I was not alluding to the fact that they were in the first place.

Your point about there being a different venue available elsewhere in the US is a weak one and I would expect you to be a little less naive about such things. This is a league that have had one event under new ownership. They would be foolish to re-invent the wheel when the Boston event was a sell-out success last year that turned away 30-40 teams. The NE needs an event. The NE is only going to have an event in the summer months for obvious reasons. This 3rd event is the summer event. The Gilette stadium was a great venue the teams enjoyed and generated a high number of non-event paintball-trafic, which is what vendors want.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Two: If you decide to import a player who plays 10 events a year in the US, you need to factor in the chance that one of those 10 events will be on the same weekend as one of the events you want them for. And if you didn't see that as a possibility, the only one to blame for that is yourself. Just because you WANT to use US Pro players doesn't mean the world owes it to you to make it easy to do so.
Which is probably why none of the teams that have made that choice bitch about it? :)

My point, all along, has been that this is a move to bother the MS.

Had it not been, I would have expected the NPPL to offer solutions for the teams affected by the date, upon releasing the date (roster allowances for example).... it is a ridiculous idea that they did not know about the conflicts that would arise.

Nick