Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL date for Boston......good bye Joy!

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Missy,

I think you've missed entirely that the event IS NOT AT GILLETTE, and is at the fairgrounds.

Still near Boston. But there are lots of other fairground-or-better locations in the northeast.

I do agree that this date conflict is not the result of malicious attitude. It's a result of NPPL not having any better options, and they don't have any better options because the people who should have spent the past few months finding locations were occupied doing other things. It's not that better dates and locations don't exist, it's that it is too late for NPPL to find and book them.

This is a symptom of a greater problem NPPL currently has, compounded by the ownership transition:

PSP has Lane, Geoff, Keely, Tim, and Raehl. PSP runs 5 events a year.
NPPL/XPSL have Shawn, Camille, and Dan/Dave. They run 10 events a year.

Fewer people, double the events. Things like the date conflict are a result of that.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
My point is that this is certainly not case. I don't think they care about the MS at all actually, which is a different reason altogether.
You may be right - but in that case, I am completely baffled that they have not made any comments, appologies or offered solutions, to all the players that are between a rock and a hard place with this scheduling conflict.

I mean - I certainly do not believe the NPPL principals are stupid or uninformed - they MUST have known what problems would arise... so I surmise that either they don't care - or they are not in good faith.

See what I mean?

Nick

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
But that pretty much is the reality, Nick. Do they need to care? The players on US teams who come over to guest treat the place like a holiday camp anyway...the Americans love fully expensed trips to Europe and the teams they play for are either one-offs or, at best, side-projects that are nice to have but far from a necessity; their loyalties and goals are with their home teams.

It's not like ML US team owners are going to start leaning on the nppl to make things fit with the MS so that a few of their players can go visit their pets...

What the nppl SHOULD care about is having Joy, who have become a powerhouse team with a lot of fans, in the line-up.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
But that pretty much is the reality, Nick. Do they need to care? The players on US teams who come over to guest treat the place like a holiday camp anyway...the Americans love fully expensed trips to Europe and the teams they play for are either one-offs or, at best, side-projects that are nice to have but far from a necessity; their loyalties and goals are with their home teams.
I don't really mean the random guests.

Ofcourse Joy, but also Philli and the Ironmen.... seems to me that both Smart Parts and Dye would be extremely inconvenienced by this.

Nick

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
NPPL Moves Dates for Event #3 in Boston to One Week Earlier

The date for Event #3 in Boston has been changed to July 13, 14 and 15. After the release of the original date last week it was discovered that there were conflicts with the Millennium Series and a qualifying event for the Spyder Cup.

“We had no intention of conflicting with any other paintball events. When it was discovered there was a conflict our office worked overtime to find a suitable solution. We made several concessions and modifications, but were able to secure the Brockton Fairgrounds for July 13-15,” said Shawn Walker, President of NPPL.

Last year’s NPPL Boston event drew in thousands of spectators and players, proving to the industry that the New England area is a fantastic region for paintball. The 2007 event has found a new home closer to the city of Boston. The Brockton Fairgrounds venue is quite familiar with large events, as it is the home to one of the best fairs in the northeastern United States, the Brockton Fair, and has also hosted the Warped Tour and Ultimate Fighting.

Team Registration for the Boston NPPL will open at www.NPPL.tv on Monday, May 21, 2007. 200 teams will be able to play in one of five “7-man” divisions.
Please email Info@NPPL.tv with any questions or call us at (909) 230 – 4388.

Guess that means the NPPL are back on the Moral High Ground. Good news for Joy.
All I need now is a 2nd press release announcing a move to the Gilette stadium....

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Wow :eek:

I was wrong!

My sincere appologies to the NPPL staff for thinking they were intentionally trying to make dates clash.

I commend the NPPL for moving the dates, and have nothing but respect for a move that proves the new NPPL ownership is above petty squables, and can be trusted to want what is best for the players.

- and guys... next time - please check the event calendar before booking a venue - I for one had a hard time believing you had not

Nick

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Very very smart move on the NPPL's part, and a brilliant press release that makes them the do-gooders of the month... I guess some people will have to eat their hats if they wear one and make the PBN kiddies shut up (because we all know most of them won't have the guts to apologise for attacking the NPPL and Mr Walker so aggresively).