Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Orange County Pro Team Roster

Booya39

Jul 15, 2003
Michigan Ave.
www.dieselpaintball.com
If you're correct, Jeff, I'm not sure what the point of locking the roster really is, right?

pikey, the all americans already have enough players on their roster to account for dearman's absense.

Baca, it seems to be the game of throwing some info out there and letting people sort through all the angles :) But if Jeff is correct then what I said is completely irrelevant, because it sounds as though players could have technically been on 2 rosters in San Diego.

JtJ

Feb 26, 2003
nehurricanes.com
My understanding was that in San Diego, we identified the pool of players from which our OC roster would be drawn. Any player identified as a potential for a pro roster cannot play with any other roster in OC (even if they are not playing with the pro team). So we could have rostered two extra players just in case, but if we did, they would not be able to play with anyone else even if we didn't use them.

At the same time, players identified as part of that pool did not have to actually play with the team in San Diego.

I wanted to roster a few extra players just for insurance, but I didn't want to lock them in because I didn't really think I'd need them, so I wrote down their names in the area for 'support staff' and thought I could argue my case that they were really players if I it came to it. Camille made me write "P" or "S" next to each name and then on the bottom write "9 players, 5 support staff" so that killed that idea.

JtJ

Feb 26, 2003
nehurricanes.com
The point was two-fold:

Stop a pro team in danger of relegation from stacking its roster.
Stop a pro team not in danger of relegation from sending players to another team, be that team a semi-pro affiliate trying to make cut for promotion to pro or another pro team in danger of relegation.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Do the players also have to sign these rosters? If not, what happens when Rich Telford adds Ollie Lang to his roster? That mean he can't play for Ironmen in OC?