Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NSPL 2009: Round One - 8th March

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
As the clean-up carries on in earnest here at the NSPL HQ, I am happy to report that yesterday's first event of our new 2009 season of the NatWest Southern Paintball League was a great success with a good time had by all despite the traditional stormy weather that seems to curse us whenever we hold an event in South Devon. Here's the debrief...

First off, a huge thank you to all the sponsors and all the people that contributed to making Round One a success including: Neil, Tom, Dave and the rest of the UCZ staff; Pete Bourne of http://www.paintballpictures.co.uk; John and Rob for their hours slaving away in the catering unit; Entity and the NSPL Reffing Crew; Chris the trophy man; and each and everyone of the players who travelled from all over the South of the UK yesterday to join in the competition and fun.

The Best Reffed field went to Field 2 for their sterling job on the NSPL Field, but the entire reffing crew deserve another big thank you for enduring the chaos created by the high winds throughout the day. Well done to them all.

The Player of the Day award went to Bluey from Care Bears, apparently more for his dramatic death sequences than any mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, killer move he made - though no doubt there were plenty of them too! ;)

And the final positions across our two NSPL Divisions yesterday look like this...

Division 2
=========
1st - Snatch - 24 Game Points / 23 ED
2nd - NA Angels - 12 Game Points / 3 ED
3rd - Team Kinetic - 12 Game Points / 0 ED
4th - Guildford Elite - 9 Game Points / -2 ED
5th - Reign of Fire - 9 Game Points / -8 ED
6th - Bristol Addiction - 6 Game Points / -12 ED

Divisions 3 + 4
=============
1st - Cool As Ice - 18 Game Points / 19 ED
2nd - Care Bears Bravo - 18 Game Points / 15 ED
3rd - London Hazard - 18 Game Points / 9 ED
4th - UWE Underdogs - 17 Game Points / 9 ED
5th - Care Bears Alpha - 4 Game Points / -12 ED
6th - Demo Squad Youngins - 4 Game Points / -15 ED
7th - SW Unknown A - 3 Game Points / -23 ED

And for simplicities sake, I'm going to include the KotH Division results here too...

Koth Division
===========
1st - Scraesdon Warriors - 736 Points
2nd - Mindful Violence - 708 Points
3rd - Wessex Warriors - 372 Points
4th - Gloucester Dodge - 272 Points

So congrats to all the teams who walked away with Silverware from the event.

You can check out how the action unfolded by visiting the web cast at http://www.nspl.co.uk/webcast and all the Rankings will be updated later today. I am hoping to salvage some footage from the Ref Headcam we had out on Field One, but the bad weather interferred with the camera significantly and we faced a technical hitch (ahem :oops: ) with the camera operation too, so I'm not sure I will have any decent footage to work with. We'll see.

However, I'm sure you will all get to see some great photos very soon curtesy of www.paintballpictures.co.uk

Thanks again to all the players and teams and I look forward to seeing you all again in a few weeks time for Round Two on the 5th April at Reading.

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
NSPL round 1

Big thanks to everyone at the NSPL on Sunday. Great event. Thanks again to the marshalls, didnt evny their jobs chasing the bunkers around all day.

Thanks to all the teams we played, great sportsmanship all day.

We brought a young team hungry for results and they delivered with the division win. cant wait for the next event, Reading will be awesome!

Cheers Craig P -Cool as Ice

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Thanks again for an excellent event, despite the flying bunkers and lashing rain, it was once again a great day for me thanks to the tireless refs and friendly atmosphere, and the UWE guys had an awesome time at their first NSPL tourney so thanks again on their behalf. Roll on Reading!