Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NSPL round 1, what a disappointment...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I cant stand people calling "overshooting". There is no such thing as overshooting. What in Gods name are you doing letting them beat you in the first place. Have some heart, go train ALOT more and beat them next time.

Jesus wept, overshooting my arse.

If you get shot walking off the field, you probably either

a) dont have your hand up
b) are skipping daintily the long way off the field
or c) you are in the way of a stream of paint.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I like Beadle :)
Then I'm sure your in the minority.....

A very good player from the start, almost like he was born to play, and now ends up being humiliated on here.

As for those who think this should not be aired on a public forum, why ever not?

Break the rules time and time again and just let people get away with it?

Not just him of course, as there are other's I'm sure.

I thought the smack on the nose from one of our players a few years ago would have made him realise where he was going to end up. Obviously not.......

Anyway, back on subject....

I thought the afternoon session for Div 3 was good. No complaints from me or my team. The games were, in my opinion, a reasonable amount fo time apart, unlike last year when games coupld be up to an hour apart....

The div 3 field was in a poor state at one end. This meant that I kept choosing the other end to play from or else our zimmer frames would get stuck on the mud. Also noticed that the 'boggy' end had bunkers much closer together than the opposite end, but that may well have been out of design as I don;t pay particular attention to field layouts until I can see them.

Wingy...

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Did no one read what Jay wrote about Beadle above??

I fully agree, Division 3 was really good, the field was uneven Wingy, having played both ends it didnt really create any bother...apart from the sun :mad: this is why i like to play in the rain ;)

Thanks for a great day Syd

I thought the afternoon session for Div 3 was good. No complaints from me or my team. The games were, in my opinion, a reasonable amount fo time apart, unlike last year when games coupld be up to an hour apart....

The div 3 field was in a poor state at one end. This meant that I kept choosing the other end to play from or else our zimmer frames would get stuck on the mud. Also noticed that the 'boggy' end had bunkers much closer together than the opposite end, but that may well have been out of design as I don;t pay particular attention to field layouts until I can see them.

Wingy...

Ps. Mods any chance you could edit the title to something a little more constructive?

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I cant stand people calling "overshooting". There is no such thing as overshooting. What in Gods name are you doing letting them beat you in the first place. Have some heart, go train ALOT more and beat them next time.

Jesus wept, overshooting my arse.

If you get shot walking off the field, you probably either

a) dont have your hand up
b) are skipping daintily the long way off the field
or c) you are in the way of a stream of paint.
When one player pursues a (dead) player all the way around a bunker, continuing to shoot him (despite being hit himself) until a marshall physically intervenes, that's just all part of the game, is it?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
When one player pursues a (dead) player all the way around a bunker, continuing to shoot him (despite being hit himself) until a marshall physically intervenes, that's just all part of the game, is it?
With respect, who let that player get so close?

Why is the guy running round the bunker? First hit he should start to make his way off the field. Quickly.

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Positives

I loved the new field, i hope it has survived how Yorkie wanted, I know he wants all three fields like that in the end, then again dont we all.

Div 2 looked good and think the only change should be back 2 back points, so you dont lose the momentum of a win.

Managed to buy everything I needed/forgot from the vendors onsite.

Enjoyed playing every point that was won or lost, I include lost as that is the way you get better, by being shown what you did wrong

Negatives

Game timings, I know that some run fast or slow but there were some long gaps.

Air issues, not sure what happend, if it was a breakdown then it happens, if it was because of the cold then bad planning, we are not known for hot weather in March

Reffing was good but not up to scratch, I will use myself for example
Pressed the button and put a foot out of bounds, so was correctly kicked off, a bit harsh for the first round but correct.
I was in snake 2 and someone tried to mug me out, he ran into my paint at Snake 4 but still came all the way to me to shooting, that should have been a 141 for playing on, but nothing.

Too many people in the pit areas, I trust most ballers as they dont want their stuff missing like me but if your not part of the team playing you should not be near the pits

It was the first event and went pretty well for the first event, so thank you Syd and all the boys but things need tweeking and I am sure what happened will be dealt with accordingly

Minibaker

Go Hard or Go Home
Mar 21, 2009
i think the over shooting thing happened on the LD vs AGG 1st game. i was told an agg player mugged one of the LD guys but continued to shoot them after he has ran pasted him (ie he ran up , mugged, twisted his body,, and gave just a bit to much love)

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Air issues, not sure what happend, if it was a breakdown then it happens, if it was because of the cold then bad planning, we are not known for hot weather in March
Air system was fully serviced the day before and given a clean bill of health - the problem was caused by a brand new hose blowing, reason for failure unknown at this time.

Reffing was good but not up to scratch, I will use myself for example
Pressed the button and put a foot out of bounds, so was correctly kicked off, a bit harsh for the first round but correct.
How is this call not up to scratch? You stepped out of bounds and were eliminated.

I was in snake 2 and someone tried to mug me out, he ran into my paint at Snake 4 but still came all the way to me to shooting, that should have been a 141 for playing on, but nothing.
And you are certain (and have at least one other person confirm to you) that you hit him at snake 4? I saw several incidents of players missing each other from ranges up to and including point-blank yesterday.
Did you also raise this with the head ref at the end of the game? What were you told?

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
My Positive Feed Back on this event ..

Going from div4 last year into div2 this year and playing the new race to two was awsome, i and my players truely enjoyed every last minute of it.. This even if wining or not..

I Certainly love the fact of the game in between getting of the field, this as said is helping players lead into X-Ball style of the game.
We did however at one point play 3 points in a row, and if it wasn't for the help of others and my second team would seriously have struggled, i think the Refs and time keeper may have forgot we are new to the game and they were still playing X-Ball time limits.

It was a serioulsy long day but hey its all part of the sport and im sure if it hadn't of been for the chill arriving at around 3pm less of you would be moaning.

Syd and Yorkie im sure will be and i know for a fact that Yorkie has massive plans for his site, but like we all know it takes money and shed loads of it, so i say to you all if you want fields of lush stop blxxdy moaning and support your local sites..

My Positive Gripe..

Tyre Removel from around Field One ( Already mentioned by a few )
More Toilets as before mid day they were in no certain terms, not a nice place to park your A S S..
Another Marque or two wouldn't go a miss..
A Couple more RED BULL Chicks im sure will perk players up.. ( Ryan 0772 Never LOL )..
Air Yes it was abit of a pain but hey anybody that knows anything about ( AIR/ MOISTURE & SUB ZERO Temps ) would certainly know in my opinion the outcome.. so unless you have fully insulated pipe work guys, suck it up..

Syd Great first round and please enjoy your 11th year..

Yorkie, You have made a great effort and i know from chatting with you, that great things are around the corner..

Trade Stands, Thanks for being there and supporting these events, ohh and for bringing me nice new shineys..

Burger Van, Great Food and i thought very good prices..

Marshals, Abit Rusty but hey you do a great job and put up with alot of abuse..

Well thats me,,,

Ohhh and Congrats to my team on there Third Place in out first round of DIV2 ...

ROCK ON.... NSPL APRIL..