Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NSPL round 1, what a disappointment...

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Would just like to say one thing here, overall I THOUGH THAT THE EVENT WAS FIRST RATE.

The Air system was problematic but did not cause issues on field.

The judging was difficult on field 1 with player and team bans issued and emergency rulings to decide matches.

The issues with Jamie being named, hey I named him and would do so again in a situation like this.

If he did not commit the incident in the final match of shooting from the pits then fine tell us who did and I will phone Jamie personally and apologise to him ! ( I have already talked to him once today and told him the post will stay as it is )

This thread has become a poor reflection on what was a good event, at a good soon to be great venue, with some great teams and players in attendance.

I would like to thank Syd, Yorkie, the judges and vendors for a job well done.

Laters :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Half the issue seems to be James Beadle is the only players name you can remember. Anytime someone got over shot it was James Beadle who did it, even in the points he wasn’t playing he got the blame.
Its paintball, people get shot suck it up. I have seen far worse overshooting at over events without penalties being called. I have also seen half the people condemning beadle here bonus ball players themselves.
It didn't help the cause that there was more than one Beadle jersey in use, the wearer of one of then who wasn't Jamie giving you some extra love whilst his team mate shot you in the back.

I thought the random player ban was more concerning with the quote. “I didn’t see who did it but he pressed the buzzer so I banned him”.
I saw pretty much the whole incident unfold in front of my eyes and was aghast at the final outcome, not only was a player not involved in the actual incident banned but one playing for the wrong team too. Wrong, but not the first and certainly not the last time a ref/ultimate has made the wrong decision, it happens and fortunately Syd gad the presence of mind to unban the player.

My view of the reffing was that it was pretty good all day, a few dubious calls and a few penalties that were overlooked had the refs been ultra strict a few points would have been ended with nobody left on field to hit the buzzer.

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Cheers for the info on the air hose, like I said breakdown whether it be pipe or pumps you can't plan for, so know they did the best they can and very grateful

my point about the calls was if you are going to be that strict on a foot out of field then there is no way you allow a guys to run that far being light up and still trying to shoot the player out

Am I certain I hit him, I will bet my life on it! I saw him coming past god so was already ramping on back corner in a straight line. You can be olly Lang for all I care you will not run round a corner through paint and make a STRAIGHT line 2 knuckle run and yes everyone person on that tape was shouting at the ref as to why he carried out no action

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Then I'm sure your in the minority.....

A very good player from the start, almost like he was born to play, and now ends up being humiliated on here.

As for those who think this should not be aired on a public forum, why ever not?

Break the rules time and time again and just let people get away with it?

Not just him of course, as there are other's I'm sure.

I thought the smack on the nose from one of our players a few years ago would have made him realise where he was going to end up. Obviously not.......

Wingy...
Wingnut, I agree with you, if someone's acting like a dick, then it should be aired because if the normal rules and regs of the game don't seem to be deterring the idiot, then a public shaming on here is the least we can do.

I don't see the point in covering this idiot's arse by not publicising his exploits, I wanna see halfwits like him out of the game we all love if he can't behave.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Cheers for the info on the air hose, like I said breakdown whether it be pipe or pumps you can't plan for, so know they did the best they can and very grateful

my point about the calls was if you are going to be that strict on a foot out of field then there is no way you allow a guys to run that far being light up and still trying to shoot the player out

Am I certain I hit him, I will bet my life on it! I saw him coming past god so was already ramping on back corner in a straight line. You can be olly Lang for all I care you will not run round a corner through paint and make a STRAIGHT line 2 knuckle run and yes everyone person on that tape was shouting at the ref as to why he carried out no action
Did he shoot you?

If so, did you get wiped down?

Did you speak to the Head Ref? Unless you (or your captain) flag something up straight away, it becomes impossible for the Head Ref to find out what happened and at least make sure the Ref in question knows that the call should have been made differently. A good ref does not listen to crowd (and certainly does not pull a penalty based on them shouting) for the obvious reasons.

It is impossible for calls will be 100% all the time, but without feedback we can not improve. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
With respect, who let that player get so close?

Why is the guy running round the bunker? First hit he should start to make his way off the field. Quickly.
I would think it academic as to the reasons why anyone should be running around a bunker Bolt, the fact this guy was shooting him [if indeed he was] is the important point here, and if he was, he needs to be punished.

Acts like this attract extreme reactions sometimes and if this behaviour is replicated too many times, he is gonna come across somebody who maybe thinks the guy needs to be taught a lesson.
Best you have a word with him before that happens mate.

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
NSPL round 1 my opinion

Overall i thought for the first event of the season it was a great event. It was my first time playing at Bricket Wood and my feeling was its a site with great potential and from what i have heard it will keep improving. Particually enjoyed playing on field 1 and despite all thats been said it did feel more like x-ball due to the faster pace and marshalling.

I would certainly like to see better marshalled viewing areas and pits, and for the pits to be properly vacated so the next group or div can go in there and set up and spread themselves out. Also agree there was too much traffic through the pits field 1.

I really enjoyed playing the new Div 2 format although at first was a little confusing to interpret the schedule. I feel that to make the best use of the feild games should keep rolling on and off but would be good to have each match played to its conclusion. Eg A v B play point 1 Then C v D play point 1 then A and B come back on for second point and so on so each match is concluded before another starts against new team. That way turnaround times will be as long as it takes the point between the other teams and you have the continuity of playing same team and adapting accordingly.

Final thing and i think i speak for all the Kinetic div 2 players when i say this, I felt the Marshalling was excellent all day in all our games. Particually good on field 1. I know its easy to say when we won the div but credit where its due.

Cheers Syd for great first leg.

Craig P - Team Kinetic

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
It was a great event and i dont think people should get too hung up on the few problems that ocored during the day. i would like to see the pitting area for div 1 made larger as the space we had was tiny making life difficult as well as sorting out snake side for coaching.

In terms of what happend with Beadle, he's a really nice guy who i have alot of respect for who has always helped me out, and therefore although i witnessed both instances i was not close enght to see if it was acahlly beadle who did the over shooting (diddnt look like his barrel) and had my head in my kit bag when the shooting threw the netting ocored.

anyway thanks too syd and yorkie (+ anyone who helped) for setting the event up, loving the div 1 field

looking fwd to next time

Bubble