Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NT 10 Leak?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Hi all, i recently used my NT10 at NPF, to find that when i turned the velocity down, it began to leak out of the end of the bolt. previous to this it had fire at 285 pretty damn well. ive looked at the bolt and cant see any problems ( although that may be about to change ) anyone got any ideas?

thanks

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
markers need a specific amount of pressure to seal the o-rings, may have gone below that pressure?

benHK

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2010
Portsmouth
You've dropped the pressure too low, NT's aren't like other markers, the reg isn't meant to be used to adjust the velocity, that's what the spacers are for.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
You've dropped the pressure too low, NT's aren't like other markers, the reg isn't meant to be used to adjust the velocity, that's what the spacers are for.
yeah it is.... spacers adjust the volume of air used in the shots

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Thanks for the help guys :D

is there a way to tune the spacer to shoot at a lower velocity?

benHK

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2010
Portsmouth
Thanks for the help guys :D

is there a way to tune the spacer to shoot at a lower velocity?
The more spacers you put in, the less volume there is in the dump chamber, so less air is used per shot resulting in a lower velocity. I'd put the dwell at 6, set the reg so the gun is shooting about 290 with the biggest bolt tip insert you have, this should put the HPR at about 130psi, now leave the reg alone and put in as many spacers as it takes to reduce the velocity to what you want it to be. I think each spacer drops the fps by 10-20. You can adjust the HPR a bit to lower velocity, but from what I've read and experienced on my own NT, they generally like to be kept around 130psi otherwise they'll start breaking paint.

Last edited:

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
I have this problem with an nt11 that I've just bought on here (ripped off I i say) on top of this problem I can't get it to fire, air it up, eyes off all I hear is the slight air leak through the centre of the bolt and the solenoid activating. tried putting the dwell up but it didn't work

benHK

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2010
Portsmouth
I'd suggest changing all the orings on the bolt then going from there, but just changing the front spool oring and the 2 on the plunger should sort that leak. Is there a leak coming from the solenoid? Cos when my NT decided to not fire, it was all due to the solenoid being on its last legs. Air it up with the frame apart and see if theres a leak coming from the solenoid and red manifold, if there is, then the guns been overpressurised.

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
I was gonna overhaul the Orings but there's loads missing from the kit (figures) I can't hear a leak but I'll heed your advice and try that, received it from the seller with the leak, won't fire and the Asa lever is broken. Messages him and he won't message back. Nightmare marker

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
I have this problem with an nt11 that I've just bought on here (ripped off I i say) on top of this problem I can't get it to fire, air it up, eyes off all I hear is the slight air leak through the centre of the bolt and the solenoid activating. tried putting the dwell up but it didn't work
Where abouts you located? Have you checked what pressure the hyper 3 reg is set to?